Used 2012 Toyota Tundra Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 1 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

2012 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Nice But Bouncy
By Chuck

2012 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love it, but it has some challenges. I bought used but got a great price and great deal. No complaints. Interior is super comfortable and bigger than expected. I'm 5'8" so getting up into it was a challenge until I added Westin side steps. Power is incredible. Set up nicely to tow, but is limited to about 6700 lbs. I use it to haul my motorcycle and enclosed trailer, does fine at their combined weight, Like the hook up for brake lights to the trailer with options on types of plugs. I just notice on the road it sucks gas and seems to bounce along when not towing--maybe it needs a significant payload to smooth it out on the road. Mine has a rail system and bed carpet type thing, but I added a three piece tonneau of hard shell plastic like stuff, and covers it nicely. May also add an OEM bedliner....Anyway, this sucker has new aggressive tires on the 18 inch wheels, and I'm looking forward to winter this year....UPDATE--March, 2016-- Did great in the snow! 33 inches in snowfall and this beast just rolled on out and through in 4x4. Payload in the back leveled it out and helped with traction. I added a backup camera and proximity sensors on the back, so even better now backing and parking. Nice truck.