Used 2012 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2012 Toyota Tundra

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Most Helpful|
Tundra can Tow
By deejay8

2012 Toyota Tundra Tundra 4dr CrewMax SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

We got our Tundra from Cowboy Toyota. Billy Goss and James Smith provided excellent service. We previously owned a Nissan Frontier. There is no comparison between the towing performance of the Tundra compared to the Frontier. We just returned from our trip to New Mexico. The only "problem" was that we kept forgetting we were towing the camper. The 4.6L engine worked great. I'm glad we didn't get the bigger engine because it was not needed.

Favorite Features

towing and off road features

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage. It is better than the smaller Nissan Frontier.

Best Truck I've owned
By mancheskia

2012 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Overall very happy with my tundra. There is a fair amount of plastic in the interior that could be refined. Comfort is top notch. The huge center council is great for the traveling Business man. Plenty of power on tap at all times and the auto stick works great for pulling those heavy loads. Double cab passenger room is plentiful with a 6'2" 260lbs guy able to easily fit comfortably in the back seat. I do notice the frame flex more than on my previous trucks but the ride on the tundra's are much better than fully boxed frame. If Toyota would come out with a 3500 I'd trade in my current Tundra today, as I know you shouldn't but I have occasionally exceeded the max towing cap hauling equipment

Favorite Features

Great stock JBL sound system. Large passenger area and very comfortable. Powerful motor and strong transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Fully boxed frame but keep the comfortable ride. Less plastic in the interior step it up a notch. Come out with a 2500 or 3500.

narender truck
By narender71

2012 Toyota Tundra Tundra 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

in 2008 I bought Tundra 5.7 was a great truck but engine is too big, than I switch to Tacoma 4.0L in 2010 after Tacoma, In Dec 2011 I bought 4.6 liter Tundra I think this is best truck I ever bought This is best engine Toyota ever developed If you want to buy Tundra just look at 4.6 liter engine You will be happy like me. Thanks for reading

Favorite Features

adjustable Headlight and V8 4.6 liter engine good power steering

Suggested Improvements

I do not like this satellite Radio in this truck

Overhyped toyota garbage
By ghunchman

2012 Toyota Tundra Tundra 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I actually went or should I say was suckered into a new tunra. 2012 what a mistake. If you here people talking about reliability and resale I suggest you RUN and never turn back. I don't sell cars so resale should never be an issue. The toyota is like a pregnant 2002 dodge ram. It's ugly and the more you look at it the uglier it gets. The finish inside is poor crap and I couldn't believe that this what was suppose to be superior build quality. The seats were uncomfortable. the guages are small and a pukey orange colour and they are sey in too far. The tonks truck control knobs for the air are a total joke.I could go on but a person with normal vision will see what I'm talking about.

Favorite Features

The best feature of this truck? Can' find one sorry. Stay away from the Tundra you will be glad you did .

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is really bad. Don't get fooled by false claims. 7 to 9 mpg city at best and 14 on the highway with the 5.7. The frame on this thing twists way too much (that might be cause of the use of rivets instead of weld). The toyota liarists will be blind to this crappy truck .

Nice but has faults
By mrvenison

2012 Toyota Tundra Tundra 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Overall I have a nice truck and the 4.6 L engine performs quite well. It is a little more thirsty than expected. Mixed suburban and country driving fall a little less than 14 mpg with no off road. That's short of the 14 city rated. The factory bed liner has large openings around the tie downs for lots of material to fall through to the bed. Also the Bluetooth was a real pain to load the phone book in the truck. It doesn't access the phone book in the phone.

Favorite Features

Nice and very comfortable interior. Excellent handling and turning radius. Good performance from the small V-8 and a great view from the backup camera.

Suggested Improvements

Improve ease of setup for Bluetooth. Access directly to phone's caller list. Replace optional bed liner with either a composite liner like the Tacoma or spray on liner. Don't over rate the fuel economy.