2012 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Better Than Average
By jmlabs on 11/17/14 13:31 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Tundra Tundra 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Prior to purchasing 2012 Tundra 5.7L LB, I did extensive research on Chevy, Ford, and Dodge. I felt like the U.S. mfg trucks used excessively thin sheet metal and were about $10K - $15K overpriced and in my opinion that was due to unions. I found thin sheet metal in the Tundra too, but I wasn't paying a union add-on for the Toyota. What sold me on the Tundra is the large pinion gear, quality wrapped wire bundles in the engine bay, the quality interior, and transmission cooler. I've owned the truck for 2 years 7 months now and have had no problems at all. The body style is attractive - I prefer it over the new 2015 body style. I'd repurchase a Tundra mfg prior to the new body style.

Toyota trouble Flex fuel issues
By pvtcable on 03/28/13 18:07 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Tundra Tundra 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Buyer beware of flex fuel problems. 2012 In temps of 50 degrees or less it fails to start about every 7-8 fill ups. Requires service each time to fix. No fix yet. Go to the lemon law. Its the Only way to get anything done. To avoid the problem just don't run less than a quarter tank of gas, never run less than 5 minutes, use only flex fuel( if u can find it), move to a warmer climate. Seriously! No joke! $50k truck. 9 months of problems,no help from Toyota. Once you sign your name your stuck on a long rough, frustrating, costly, ride. Thanks Toyota for not standing behind your product. You should stop selling them until you have the problems fixed or at least tell the customer .

Great Truck
By voiceover on 02/26/13 16:12 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my third Toyota truck and is by far the best. I looked (briefly) at others when it was time to trade and I easily came home to Toyota. This truck has it all - capacity, comfort, durability and great looks. The 5.7L V-8 offers plenty of power for even the most demanding of tasks. Plenty of room in the front, back and the bed. Leather interior is top-notch. Navigation w/ JBL sound system is superior to others I have owned including Bose. We often take the truck to our vacation home and find the ride pleasant and relaxing. Lots of storage space to keep things organized. If you are looking for a full-sized pickup truck, give the Tundra a close look. You won't be disappointed.

So Far So Good
By thebigv21 on 02/25/13 10:29 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Tundra Tundra 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Truck now has 11K miles. Had first synthetic oil change at 10K. Averaging 15.2 mpg in combined driving. Truck runs great and has similar MPG as tacomas I have owned in the past. The horsepower and torque on this truck is something else. I see negative reviews on here and I can't understand why. The performance is what impresses me the most. I am 6'4" and have plenty of room. Kids can sit in the back without any problem whatsoever. This is a real truck, not meant for anyone who wants a car..

Nice but has faults
By mrvenison on 12/17/12 16:41 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Tundra Tundra 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Overall I have a nice truck and the 4.6 L engine performs quite well. It is a little more thirsty than expected. Mixed suburban and country driving fall a little less than 14 mpg with no off road. That's short of the 14 city rated. The factory bed liner has large openings around the tie downs for lots of material to fall through to the bed. Also the Bluetooth was a real pain to load the phone book in the truck. It doesn't access the phone book in the phone.

Overhyped toyota garbage
By ghunchman on 11/03/12 00:01 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Tundra Tundra 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I actually went or should I say was suckered into a new tunra. 2012 what a mistake. If you here people talking about reliability and resale I suggest you RUN and never turn back. I don't sell cars so resale should never be an issue. The toyota is like a pregnant 2002 dodge ram. It's ugly and the more you look at it the uglier it gets. The finish inside is poor crap and I couldn't believe that this what was suppose to be superior build quality. The seats were uncomfortable. the guages are small and a pukey orange colour and they are sey in too far. The tonks truck control knobs for the air are a total joke.I could go on but a person with normal vision will see what I'm talking about.

Tundra can Tow
By deejay8 on 08/02/12 10:47 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Tundra Tundra 4dr CrewMax SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

We got our Tundra from Cowboy Toyota. Billy Goss and James Smith provided excellent service. We previously owned a Nissan Frontier. There is no comparison between the towing performance of the Tundra compared to the Frontier. We just returned from our trip to New Mexico. The only "problem" was that we kept forgetting we were towing the camper. The 4.6L engine worked great. I'm glad we didn't get the bigger engine because it was not needed.

Almost Perfect
By buzzkiller on 07/31/12 08:54 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have had a 4X4, 17" wheel for six-months now. One must understand Toyota's list of options doesn't mean that they're really available. Toyota installs options based on info they received from previous year's customers. They also put the premium options only on the most expensive model. (Moonroof, full-size opening rear window are on Quad only.) There was only one Tundra with the options I wanted on the West Coast and it came with options I didn't want. Gas mileage is 14.6 to 14.7. Doesn't matter if I'm on the flat interstate, a Sierra dirt road, or city streets. I am 55 and keep vehicles for twenty years. With that in mind, my biggest regret is the crappy interior materials - I get to watch what is now crappy get even worse as time goes on. Other than that, and the freeway beatings, I love the truck and look forward to using it to its fullest towing a rolling mansion when I retire.

narender truck
By narender71 on 01/09/12 19:09 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Tundra Tundra 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

in 2008 I bought Tundra 5.7 was a great truck but engine is too big, than I switch to Tacoma 4.0L in 2010 after Tacoma, In Dec 2011 I bought 4.6 liter Tundra I think this is best truck I ever bought This is best engine Toyota ever developed If you want to buy Tundra just look at 4.6 liter engine You will be happy like me. Thanks for reading

Best Truck I've owned
By mancheskia on 11/29/11 07:25 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Overall very happy with my tundra. There is a fair amount of plastic in the interior that could be refined. Comfort is top notch. The huge center council is great for the traveling Business man. Plenty of power on tap at all times and the auto stick works great for pulling those heavy loads. Double cab passenger room is plentiful with a 6'2" 260lbs guy able to easily fit comfortably in the back seat. I do notice the frame flex more than on my previous trucks but the ride on the tundra's are much better than fully boxed frame. If Toyota would come out with a 3500 I'd trade in my current Tundra today, as I know you shouldn't but I have occasionally exceeded the max towing cap hauling equipment

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Toyota Tundra in VA is:

$124 per month*