Review from an actual owner at 25k miles
By hdsale on
2011 Toyota Tundra Tundra FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)
Ive owned a 2011 5.7 CrewMax TRD Off-Road Tundra for 2 years. Previous trucks were GM. All trucks have their issues, the Tundra less so than previous GM trucks - at least for me. 5.7 is a super strong engine that competition cant match. Feels and drives like a 3/4 ton truck, and tows like one too. High seating position reminds me of an F250 or 2500 GM. Driving the new F150 feels like driving a car after owning the Tundra. Mileage is 15.5 in mixed driving. Short bed on CrewMax means truck can fit in a 20 foot garage (but not by much). No alignment issues here - in fact, I wont let the dealer align the truck as it drives straight as an arrow.
Favorite Features
Tundra is the most American made truck out there. Feels and drives like a 3/4 ton truck, which to me is a good thing. 4x4 unstoppable off road and in snow. Super bright adjustable headlights are the best on any truck I've ever owned. Tundra is super comfortable - I am tall (6'3) and my knees don't hit the console or door. No issues with shimmy or swerve when under load or towing. Traction control is awesome on this truck and better than competition by a long shot. Family loves space in back seat.
Suggested Improvements
Warranty is too short - how can GM offer 5/100k and Toyota offer 3/36k? Air conditioner went out at 25k, hairline crack in compressor, replaced under warranty without issue. Gas tank is too small at 26 gallons, reads 0 miles left at 22 gallons - liked GM 32 gallon tank. GM rode smoother. Towing MPG 8-11. Interior is not great, but not as bad as others in its class (except RAM). Fan for HVAC is not as strong as GM.