Great Performer
By tpj1959 on
2011 Toyota Tundra Tundra 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)
I had owned Chevy trucks for the last few years and decided to get the Tundra cause I wanted a 4x4 and Toyota dealership seemed more hungry than Chevy. The benchmark trip that I make is going through Yosemite National Park to Tioga Pass which is on the east side of the mountains at approximately 10,000 feet. Comparing the Tundra to my Chevy pickups (4.8 and 5.3 liter engines), the Tundra outperformed them easily. The engine pulled so much better and the brakes did not smell like heat on the way down like my Chevy's did. It's also assembled in Texas. My last Chevy was assembled in Mexico.
Favorite Features
Engine and transmission. Comfort of cabin. Iphone and blue tooth audio. I also like the exterior looks.
Suggested Improvements
Automatic climate control should be included in lower models. Don't like having to purchase the Platinum package to get that. Of course, I'm never happy with the stereo but that's pretty much standard for all stock vehicles. Guages and controls need to be updated. Get rid of that stupid Toyota cruise control stick and put buttons on steering wheel.