Best vehicle I have owned
By formergmcguy on
2011 Toyota Tundra Tundra 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)
I bought this truck new and at 13,000 miles, I have not had one single thing not function the way it is supposed. My previous 2 vehicles were GMCs and I had nothing but problems with them and GM doesn't stand behind their products. I get about 19 mpg in mixed driving. Winter mileage drops to around 15. This truck tows trailers with ease---don't even know they are there. Feels safer than the GMC Sierra. I'm very impressed with it's build quality. Very quiet. Handles extremely well for a large vehicle. The TRD package gives a stiff ride but is good when loaded or has a trailer in tow. Love the crewmax cab setup.
Favorite Features
I have the crewmax model and there is tons of room behind rear seat when it is all the way forward and still more than enough legroom. Engine is very smooth. Brakes are excellent. At first, I didn't like the traction control (winter snow driving) but over time I have decided I like it better than the mechanical kind I was used to in the GMC. Although my truck is 4x4, I find that it handles quite well in 4x2 mode on slippery roads. Dampening tailgate works great! Bluetooth is great. Turning circle is awesome for such a big vehicle. Very little road noise. Love driving it.
Suggested Improvements
Wish that it had factory installed door side moldings. The 5.5 foot bed is adequate but a 6 or 6.5 bed would be better.