Used 2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Great Performer
By tpj1959

2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I had owned Chevy trucks for the last few years and decided to get the Tundra cause I wanted a 4x4 and Toyota dealership seemed more hungry than Chevy. The benchmark trip that I make is going through Yosemite National Park to Tioga Pass which is on the east side of the mountains at approximately 10,000 feet. Comparing the Tundra to my Chevy pickups (4.8 and 5.3 liter engines), the Tundra outperformed them easily. The engine pulled so much better and the brakes did not smell like heat on the way down like my Chevy's did. It's also assembled in Texas. My last Chevy was assembled in Mexico.

Favorite Features

Engine and transmission. Comfort of cabin. Iphone and blue tooth audio. I also like the exterior looks.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic climate control should be included in lower models. Don't like having to purchase the Platinum package to get that. Of course, I'm never happy with the stereo but that's pretty much standard for all stock vehicles. Guages and controls need to be updated. Get rid of that stupid Toyota cruise control stick and put buttons on steering wheel.

Love This Truck
By campingfool

2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this truck new in 2007 after driving a few of the competitors and decided to go with Toyota because of its known reliability and large towing capacity. I had an accident a month after owning the truck and it still drive the same after repair. I bought a 10,000 pound 5th wheel and have hauled it to Yellowstone and the Appalachian Mountains with no problems. Sure gas mileage stinks while hauling (8-10mpg) but itís a truck. While my comrades pull their trailers and start complaining their transmissions are getting hot mine doesn't even flinch. I hope this review helps eliminates any doubts about buying this truck. I also don't notice a jitter but I'm not a professional reviewer.

Favorite Features

Reliability, Towing Capacity, Strong engine, Solid

Suggested Improvements

Diesel, Bigger Gas tank, Better sounding exhaust options,

Are they Kidding?
By galagaplayer

2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is great. I test drove all the competitors and decided to pay a little more for the toyota. Resale will take care of those concerns in a few years. The others just don't compare. The 5.7 liter is smooth, and powerful. The ride is also very comfortable and I believe superior, I did not notice the Jitters that are mentioned in other reviews. I sprung for the 20 inch wheels, it really makes the vehicle pleasing to the eye. The edmunds review seems to be searching for something wrong. The only thing wrong is the lack of awards.

Favorite Features

power, leather, blue tooth.

Suggested Improvements

Equip some stock trucks with DVD players. In the midwest extended cab trucks are like station wagons.

2011 TUNDRA DBL CAB 4X4 5.7
By oke3

2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Only 1400 miles so far but very pleased at this point. Engine is very smooth and powerful, the 6 spd auto takes some getting used to as it shifts differently than the older auto's but handles the engines power well. MPG has been better than expected, 15 MPG was the worst, caused by some very hard acceleration during test drives by family and freinds, 19.6 has been the best, 90% highway 65 mph and under, so far overall average is 17.7 MPG. Ride is very good for a 4x4 truck. Cab is very quiet with little wind or road noise. Build quality seems good but not at same level as older toyotas. Paint quality is just average, probably as good as it gets with the EPA mandated products.

Favorite Features

4x4, four doors, very good power, lots of storage (after I installed rear under seat storage), tow mirrors, tail gate assist, fuel computer, factory tow package, back-up camera, love the headlight adjustment on the dash to compensate for load in the bed.

Suggested Improvements

Need a factory installed brake controller with the tow package. Power folding tow mirrors should be the standard tow mirror. Better quality paint job (white).

Replacement tundra
By jonyuma

2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Replaced 2007 tundra limited with 2011 tundra limited 4x4 and if it is even half as reliable as the 07 was it will be another winner. new tundra rides a lot smoother than the last one, but then again, its a truck that tows a 7000# boat and it needs to be a little bit trucklike. 2007 tundra with 5.7 motor and tow package could always get 17mpg or better on average and for a 4x4 thats not bad. 2007 tundra was totaled in a three car wreck and I wanted to have the same safety factor once again. so hoping the 2011 will get the job done. More as we get some miles on it.

Favorite Features

nice interior for a truck, nav system very easy to use, and jbl stereo really sounds good

Suggested Improvements

better microphone for voice activated systems