Used 2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Bad ASS Truck.,Big ,Black ,and Damn Hard to Beat!!
By Ronnie L. Cummins

2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Like the Truck unhappy with Toyota & their platinum!
By barby52

2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The truck has been great, one our 3rd one, plus had a Rav 4. However, now that we need help Toyota & the dealer (Toyota of Vero Beach) threw us to the curb. Said we got contaminated fuel, so our platinum policy that cost us $2160, won't cover anything, even towing! We are up to $2000 and they are not done yet. They have had the truck for 4 days and now it's the weekend. What a joke! Drove the truck for a couple of days with no problem, then all of a sudden it just died! Hard to believe that after 200 miles of driving all of a sudden contaminated fuel kicks in. Quite sure they figure they found a sucker when 2 retired people showed up!!

'11 DC Rock Warrior
By mason467

2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought brand new about a year ago to replace '05 GMC 1500 which we use to tow our 30 foot camper.

The GMC was a little on the light side...great truck but we needed more. Test drove '11 crew cab f150 xlt first. Nice truck, but both my wife and I agreed that this was just not the truck for us.

Next, we drove an '11 Tundra with Rock Warrior package. Unlike the F150 this truck comes with load range "E" tires, perfect for towing. Also, the suspension is nice and firm. Power is exceptional while towing our camper. Stability is also excellent.

The transmission always seems to be in the right gear, and it gets anywhere from 8.5-11 MPG pulling out 7500 lbs brick of a camper.

Love the rugged simplicity of the Rock Warrior. Has everything you need including bluetooth, xm, hand free ect. Sometimes we listen to xm or we stream pandora via bluetooth. Heated windshield/mirrors, mud flaps (not standard on other trucks!), rear view camera. Manual seats and rear window mean less things to break in the long run. Powertrain on this truck is really beefy for a 1500 class vehicle. Suspension is a bit firmer than most, but it appears this truck was designed more for towing/hauling than for comfort.......less compromise.......fine by me

Gauges are weird. I give the nod to the new Ford and Dodge offerings for their displays. However, everything works fine and you do get used to it. I wish they offered a versior with heavier duty suspension to go along with the beef the powertrain has. I'm sure the take rate would be small, but I see lots of Tundra's running around with air bags helping the rear suspension......

Greatest Bang for Buck
By lobstah

2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck has the greatest bang for buck.
Foremost, the dbl cab will carry 3 adults and has a 6 1/2 ft bed.
This is extra for ford and not avail. for GM. Second, the drive train is incredible (5.7, 4x4, TRD), acceleration is smooth and power is always there.
My gas mpg is improving, about 16.7, 80% highway.
Quiet and smooth ride for a truck.
Bluetooth hands free for cell phone was easy to setup. Headlights work great!
Previous trucks I've owned had weak headlights compared to the Tundra's.
Interior looks are good, but compared to recently remodeled trucks, they are appear basic. However, the Tundra's capabilities will still go tow to tow with today's ford, dodge and gm trucks!

Drive train is incredible and bang for buck is best

I wish the Tundra came with an e-locker rear diff. The brake controlled LSD is great for highway speeds as I learned one snowy day, but at low speeds, less then 25 MPH, an e-locker would be best. Combine them both for the ultimate in traction!

7th toyota
By taogden

2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

While a full sized truck, the front from inside looks somewhat similar to sitting in my Tacoma.
The 5.7 engine has more pep than I have had to deal with in a long time, the throttle is very sensitive, brakes are great. comparing to other trucks, the disks are larger as are the pads.
Not sure about the channel frame, makes the truck feel to flexy.
All my other trucks have been Tacoma but could not pack kids, and grand kids into it every one fits fine in the Tundra.

While this is the 7th toyota, it is the biggest. Towing is the reason I bought it, boat, camper, farm. Obviously it is not one of the big diesels, but it does very good through the mountains of Colorado towing my toys to Lake Powell or livestock to the sale. Drive dirt a lot and it seems to be holding up to that, but won't know for sure until it rolls over 200K Favorite feature would have to be the cabin filter, love it. A year on dirt roads and the seats still don't billow when you hit them. Brakes are great and very large, good for towing.

would feel better if they had stayed with the boxed frame and like my tacoma I have a tendency to over load it. TRD on the Tundra does not mean Locking Rear end I was very disappointed in that