2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
'11 DC Rock Warrior
By mason467 on 07/15/12 14:50 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought brand new about a year ago to replace '05 GMC 1500 which we use to tow our 30 foot camper. The GMC was a little on the light side...great truck but we needed more. Test drove '11 crew cab f150 xlt first. Nice truck, but both my wife and I agreed that this was just not the truck for us. Next, we drove an '11 Tundra with Rock Warrior package. Unlike the F150 this truck comes with load range "E" tires, perfect for towing. Also, the suspension is nice and firm. Power is exceptional while towing our camper. Stability is also excellent. The transmission always seems to be in the right gear, and it gets anywhere from 8.5-11 MPG pulling out 7500 lbs brick of a camper.

Greatest Bang for Buck
By lobstah on 07/08/12 05:50 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck has the greatest bang for buck. Foremost, the dbl cab will carry 3 adults and has a 6 1/2 ft bed. This is extra for ford and not avail. for GM. Second, the drive train is incredible (5.7, 4x4, TRD), acceleration is smooth and power is always there. My gas mpg is improving, about 16.7, 80% highway. Quiet and smooth ride for a truck. Bluetooth hands free for cell phone was easy to setup. Headlights work great! Previous trucks I've owned had weak headlights compared to the Tundra's. Interior looks are good, but compared to recently remodeled trucks, they are appear basic. However, the Tundra's capabilities will still go tow to tow with today's ford, dodge and gm trucks!

7th toyota
By taogden on 01/03/12 21:39 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

While a full sized truck, the front from inside looks somewhat similar to sitting in my Tacoma. The 5.7 engine has more pep than I have had to deal with in a long time, the throttle is very sensitive, brakes are great. comparing to other trucks, the disks are larger as are the pads. Not sure about the channel frame, makes the truck feel to flexy. All my other trucks have been Tacoma but could not pack kids, and grand kids into it every one fits fine in the Tundra.

Toyota Tundra TRD Rock Warrior!
By mowerman2011 on 11/30/11 22:37 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I am a proud owner of a beastly 5.7 rock warrior trd tundra. Currenly own a lawn service business and it work like a hoss that it is. I love the 4X4 on a switch on the go. I went from a ford v6 4.2 litter and that got really bad gas mileage versus this monster of a truck. If your looking at the ford raptor and comparing to this well its a no brainer... buy the tundra! The tundra is more affordable and it will out last the ford raptor. Hope this helps.

Great Performer
By tpj1959 on 11/09/11 10:11 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I had owned Chevy trucks for the last few years and decided to get the Tundra cause I wanted a 4x4 and Toyota dealership seemed more hungry than Chevy. The benchmark trip that I make is going through Yosemite National Park to Tioga Pass which is on the east side of the mountains at approximately 10,000 feet. Comparing the Tundra to my Chevy pickups (4.8 and 5.3 liter engines), the Tundra outperformed them easily. The engine pulled so much better and the brakes did not smell like heat on the way down like my Chevy's did. It's also assembled in Texas. My last Chevy was assembled in Mexico.

Love This Truck
By campingfool on 07/31/11 06:51 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this truck new in 2007 after driving a few of the competitors and decided to go with Toyota because of its known reliability and large towing capacity. I had an accident a month after owning the truck and it still drive the same after repair. I bought a 10,000 pound 5th wheel and have hauled it to Yellowstone and the Appalachian Mountains with no problems. Sure gas mileage stinks while hauling (8-10mpg) but itÂ’s a truck. While my comrades pull their trailers and start complaining their transmissions are getting hot mine doesn't even flinch. I hope this review helps eliminates any doubts about buying this truck. I also don't notice a jitter but I'm not a professional reviewer.

Are they Kidding?
By galagaplayer on 02/18/11 21:37 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is great. I test drove all the competitors and decided to pay a little more for the toyota. Resale will take care of those concerns in a few years. The others just don't compare. The 5.7 liter is smooth, and powerful. The ride is also very comfortable and I believe superior, I did not notice the Jitters that are mentioned in other reviews. I sprung for the 20 inch wheels, it really makes the vehicle pleasing to the eye. The edmunds review seems to be searching for something wrong. The only thing wrong is the lack of awards.

2011 TUNDRA DBL CAB 4X4 5.7
By oke3 on 02/01/11 16:56 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Only 1400 miles so far but very pleased at this point. Engine is very smooth and powerful, the 6 spd auto takes some getting used to as it shifts differently than the older auto's but handles the engines power well. MPG has been better than expected, 15 MPG was the worst, caused by some very hard acceleration during test drives by family and freinds, 19.6 has been the best, 90% highway 65 mph and under, so far overall average is 17.7 MPG. Ride is very good for a 4x4 truck. Cab is very quiet with little wind or road noise. Build quality seems good but not at same level as older toyotas. Paint quality is just average, probably as good as it gets with the EPA mandated products.

Replacement tundra
By jonyuma on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Replaced 2007 tundra limited with 2011 tundra limited 4x4 and if it is even half as reliable as the 07 was it will be another winner. new tundra rides a lot smoother than the last one, but then again, its a truck that tows a 7000# boat and it needs to be a little bit trucklike. 2007 tundra with 5.7 motor and tow package could always get 17mpg or better on average and for a 4x4 thats not bad. 2007 tundra was totaled in a three car wreck and I wanted to have the same safety factor once again. so hoping the 2011 will get the job done. More as we get some miles on it.

In Shop After One Week
By kman on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this truck brand new and had it only one week before the Air Conditioner went out. Service is replacing most of the A/C system as metal shavings from the compressor infiltrated the system. I would not order the truck with Toyota's navigation system again. I was expecting at the very least, new maps. I received outdated maps coupled with an unfriendly system to use. Any Garmin blows it away. If you do get the Nav/Radio system, you must get the steering wheel controls. Otherwise it is so cumbersome to use it's unsafe. My first Toyota. I'm not filled with confidence.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Tundra Double-cab in VA is:

$138 per month*