2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Review from an actual owner at 25k miles
By hdsale on 06/01/13 23:09 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Tundra FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Ive owned a 2011 5.7 CrewMax TRD Off-Road Tundra for 2 years. Previous trucks were GM. All trucks have their issues, the Tundra less so than previous GM trucks - at least for me. 5.7 is a super strong engine that competition cant match. Feels and drives like a 3/4 ton truck, and tows like one too. High seating position reminds me of an F250 or 2500 GM. Driving the new F150 feels like driving a car after owning the Tundra. Mileage is 15.5 in mixed driving. Short bed on CrewMax means truck can fit in a 20 foot garage (but not by much). No alignment issues here - in fact, I wont let the dealer align the truck as it drives straight as an arrow.

Best vehicle I have owned
By formergmcguy on 02/01/13 17:52 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Tundra 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this truck new and at 13,000 miles, I have not had one single thing not function the way it is supposed. My previous 2 vehicles were GMCs and I had nothing but problems with them and GM doesn't stand behind their products. I get about 19 mpg in mixed driving. Winter mileage drops to around 15. This truck tows trailers with ease---don't even know they are there. Feels safer than the GMC Sierra. I'm very impressed with it's build quality. Very quiet. Handles extremely well for a large vehicle. The TRD package gives a stiff ride but is good when loaded or has a trailer in tow. Love the crewmax cab setup.

Bad tires
By gobucks4 on 09/22/12 06:27 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought in November 2010, heater did not work, 6 days to repair. January 2011, 2 months old, back bumper was covered with rust, replaced. Tires are flat spotting in 24 hours, Toyota considers this a normal condition as designed. The truck shimmies severely for the first five miles. No Toyota exec would drive this truck on ice with this shimmy.

tundra- to many problems
By junktruck97 on 01/08/12 21:50 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Tundra 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

2011 tundra crew 5.7,nice truck too bad i had had too many alignments to make this truck go straight it, pulls to the right when applying the brakes,toyota corp and thier field rep, and sun toyota says its the michelin tires on the bbs wheels causeing the problem,its a factory item on the xsp package and i have to live with it,had vibration problem from the start,replaced driveshaft,idle is sticking when you start it to 1800,i have 5500 miles and i regret not buying that dodge,plus i have the leather interior and when i turn i slide around in the seat,trans is slipping

2011 Tundra
By Bobby C on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

First full size truck. Old car a Tacoma. Size difference is HUGE. Back seat in CrewMax limo like. Powerful engine with nice sound when worked. Rear window fold down nice feature. Stereo rocks big time. Quiet on road. Family loves the size for comfort. Mileage not good--lots of gas stops. Rear seat adjustment amazing. Great looking vehicle. TRD handles off road like a charm. Minimal back seat storage space with adjustable seat in CrewMax.

Tundra
By taydanry on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I own a 2010 crewmax with the Platinum package. I like the truck except I wish Toyota made the bed 6 1/2 feet for the crewmax. I also wish the fuel tank was bigger. It seems i fill this truck up more often than I did my Chevys in the past.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax-cab in VA is:

$142 per month*