2011 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Review from an actual owner at 25k miles
By hdsale on 06/01/13 23:09 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Tundra Tundra FFV 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Ive owned a 2011 5.7 CrewMax TRD Off-Road Tundra for 2 years. Previous trucks were GM. All trucks have their issues, the Tundra less so than previous GM trucks - at least for me. 5.7 is a super strong engine that competition cant match. Feels and drives like a 3/4 ton truck, and tows like one too. High seating position reminds me of an F250 or 2500 GM. Driving the new F150 feels like driving a car after owning the Tundra. Mileage is 15.5 in mixed driving. Short bed on CrewMax means truck can fit in a 20 foot garage (but not by much). No alignment issues here - in fact, I wont let the dealer align the truck as it drives straight as an arrow.

Best vehicle I have owned
By formergmcguy on 02/01/13 17:52 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Tundra Tundra 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this truck new and at 13,000 miles, I have not had one single thing not function the way it is supposed. My previous 2 vehicles were GMCs and I had nothing but problems with them and GM doesn't stand behind their products. I get about 19 mpg in mixed driving. Winter mileage drops to around 15. This truck tows trailers with ease---don't even know they are there. Feels safer than the GMC Sierra. I'm very impressed with it's build quality. Very quiet. Handles extremely well for a large vehicle. The TRD package gives a stiff ride but is good when loaded or has a trailer in tow. Love the crewmax cab setup.

Bad tires
By gobucks4 on 09/22/12 06:27 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought in November 2010, heater did not work, 6 days to repair. January 2011, 2 months old, back bumper was covered with rust, replaced. Tires are flat spotting in 24 hours, Toyota considers this a normal condition as designed. The truck shimmies severely for the first five miles. No Toyota exec would drive this truck on ice with this shimmy.

'11 DC Rock Warrior
By mason467 on 07/15/12 14:50 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Tundra Tundra 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought brand new about a year ago to replace '05 GMC 1500 which we use to tow our 30 foot camper. The GMC was a little on the light side...great truck but we needed more. Test drove '11 crew cab f150 xlt first. Nice truck, but both my wife and I agreed that this was just not the truck for us. Next, we drove an '11 Tundra with Rock Warrior package. Unlike the F150 this truck comes with load range "E" tires, perfect for towing. Also, the suspension is nice and firm. Power is exceptional while towing our camper. Stability is also excellent. The transmission always seems to be in the right gear, and it gets anywhere from 8.5-11 MPG pulling out 7500 lbs brick of a camper.

Greatest Bang for Buck
By lobstah on 07/08/12 05:50 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck has the greatest bang for buck. Foremost, the dbl cab will carry 3 adults and has a 6 1/2 ft bed. This is extra for ford and not avail. for GM. Second, the drive train is incredible (5.7, 4x4, TRD), acceleration is smooth and power is always there. My gas mpg is improving, about 16.7, 80% highway. Quiet and smooth ride for a truck. Bluetooth hands free for cell phone was easy to setup. Headlights work great! Previous trucks I've owned had weak headlights compared to the Tundra's. Interior looks are good, but compared to recently remodeled trucks, they are appear basic. However, the Tundra's capabilities will still go tow to tow with today's ford, dodge and gm trucks!

tundra- to many problems
By junktruck97 on 01/08/12 21:50 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Tundra Tundra 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

2011 tundra crew 5.7,nice truck too bad i had had too many alignments to make this truck go straight it, pulls to the right when applying the brakes,toyota corp and thier field rep, and sun toyota says its the michelin tires on the bbs wheels causeing the problem,its a factory item on the xsp package and i have to live with it,had vibration problem from the start,replaced driveshaft,idle is sticking when you start it to 1800,i have 5500 miles and i regret not buying that dodge,plus i have the leather interior and when i turn i slide around in the seat,trans is slipping

7th toyota
By taogden on 01/03/12 21:39 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Tundra Tundra FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

While a full sized truck, the front from inside looks somewhat similar to sitting in my Tacoma. The 5.7 engine has more pep than I have had to deal with in a long time, the throttle is very sensitive, brakes are great. comparing to other trucks, the disks are larger as are the pads. Not sure about the channel frame, makes the truck feel to flexy. All my other trucks have been Tacoma but could not pack kids, and grand kids into it every one fits fine in the Tundra.

Toyota Tundra TRD Rock Warrior!
By mowerman2011 on 11/30/11 22:37 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Tundra Tundra FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I am a proud owner of a beastly 5.7 rock warrior trd tundra. Currenly own a lawn service business and it work like a hoss that it is. I love the 4X4 on a switch on the go. I went from a ford v6 4.2 litter and that got really bad gas mileage versus this monster of a truck. If your looking at the ford raptor and comparing to this well its a no brainer... buy the tundra! The tundra is more affordable and it will out last the ford raptor. Hope this helps.

Great Performer
By tpj1959 on 11/09/11 10:11 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Tundra Tundra 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I had owned Chevy trucks for the last few years and decided to get the Tundra cause I wanted a 4x4 and Toyota dealership seemed more hungry than Chevy. The benchmark trip that I make is going through Yosemite National Park to Tioga Pass which is on the east side of the mountains at approximately 10,000 feet. Comparing the Tundra to my Chevy pickups (4.8 and 5.3 liter engines), the Tundra outperformed them easily. The engine pulled so much better and the brakes did not smell like heat on the way down like my Chevy's did. It's also assembled in Texas. My last Chevy was assembled in Mexico.

Love my Tundra
By kcoughlan on 11/06/11 16:45 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Tundra Tundra 2dr Regular Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Sick and tired of the poor quality of GM products I finally moved to the Toyota tundra.I was able to get my reg.cab SR5 4x4 for thousands less because I waited until Oct. clear out. For the short time I have driven the tundra, it is an amazing truck to drive. The 5.7 litre power plant will take some getting used to.Loaded it handles with very little sway at 60mph,power to spare! My GM products were always far below the estimated mpg.the Tundra so far is getting around 14 city , 17 highway. So this truck is certainly not economical to run. No worse than my Gm products.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Tundra in WA is:

$154 per month*