2010 Toyota Tundra Consumer Review: First Toyota - Went Big

2010 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Review

Limited CrewMax Cab (5.7L V8 6-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed)

First Toyota - Went Big
By Big Papa on

2010 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first Toyota truck, after driving two Dodge trucks. I am a bit concerned as a check engine light came on after just 235 miles. It seems a cam sensor is defective. I think that means the engine has to be taken apart to fix this issue. I am also experiencing an annoying creaking sound somewhere around my rear view mirror. One visit to the service department has not fixed this issue. I am also a bit disappointed with the cheap license plate mount. I really do like this truck a lot, but in my mind, I should not have the previously noted problems given the price of this vehicle. I will be very disappointed if the issues are not resolved soon.

My favorite features are: 1. the HUGE cabin 2. the back-up camera 3. the memory seats 4. the integrated Blue-tooth 5. the vehicle weight 6. the powered rear window

I am a big dude, so I would love it if the driver's seat went just a little further back. Additionally, I would prefer a full leather wrapped steering wheel. The section covered with the faux wood grain is often nearly too slick to grip during turning.