Comfortable truck
By Robert Kladde on
2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)
I just purchased the Tundra three weeks ago and have 2,000 miles on it. Rides comfortably, quietly, looks great, and has more than enough power! Hauled 1000 pound load in bed as though it was empty. Excellent acceleration even with the smaller V8. Glad I went with the new 4.6! Handles great on windy Colorado mountain roads with little body roll. I am averaging 20 MPG with 75/25% hwy/cty. That's amazing! CO air is thin though. Only bummer so far, however, is this hard to find 00W20 motor oil that it requires!! Can only find it in Mobile one, by the quart only, and it is $7.00 per quart! Yes, that's a SEVEN! Wal-Mart is only $6.30 a quart, but they rarely have it in stock. Beware.
Favorite Features
Ride, looks, acceleration. Gas mileage. The oil, from what I hear, is much easier to change on the 4.6 than the 5.7 Have the dealer put the truck on the rack, before buying it, and show you how to remove the skid plates. Once the bolts are off, slide it to the left (driver's side).
Suggested Improvements
00W20 oil. Simple law of supply and demand. It shouldn't cost $100 to get an oil change! This is just plain wrong. Wish I knew this before I bought the truck, or I may have gone with the competition (but not a Ford)! Other Valvoline and Castrol start marketing 0W-20. Costco please help!