Can't go wrong
By cpfincham on
2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)
I wanted to wait until I got to 15K miles before I wrote a review. Truck is amazing! Ride is surprisingly smooth for a large truck. Drove my dad's 2010 Dodge Ram over same rough terrain and didn't feel a difference. CrewMax is enormous and capable of making a 6K camper seem like a load of firewood. More than enough power when you need it with or without a load. The transmission has a hard time finding the right gear at certain speeds and will drop into too low of a gear at times. Shorter people may have a hard time to reach all of the buttons on the radio because of the large interior area. Base no frills model is perfect for everyday and long road trip driving.
Favorite Features
Size! The CrewMax size was the tipping point for me. Same size truck from other manufactures was 2-4K more. Dealership also offered free lifetime warranty on drive train as a testament to the reliability of Toyota.
Suggested Improvements
As a DIY oil changer I find it frustrating how difficult it is to change the oil. Not a standard oil filter assy. Be prepared to spend 55- 90 dollars on an oil change from the dealer. Time and tools needed not worth it for me to do it.