2010 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews 7

2010 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Great Truck
By Mario on 11/20/09 16:33 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The new Tundra has a greater turn ratio which I like, I like the fact that I can make a u-turn without the need to stop and back-up. The freeway ride is really smooth, however the suspension is a little stiff and I notice some bumps on city driving, but nothing major. Gas consumption is worse than my 07, which has me baffled, since it's the same 5.7 engine. I get 18mpg on the freeway, about 14mpg city. Brakes are massive, and can stop on demand. Overall, a great truck that exceeds my expectations.

Thanks Toyota
By ronnie on 11/01/09 06:40 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is the second tundra that I have owned. The upgrades on this one are great. I love the horse power and the transmission. I get an average of 17.5 mpg that's great for this size engine. The ride and comfort is also great. I looked at the Ford and Chevrolet before I purchased the tundra. I liked the tundra better.

Pleased with my new Tacoma
By Al on 10/29/09 18:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Just purchased a 2010 Toyota Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A). Although I have not had occasion to tow yet, the 4.6 seems to have all the power I need and accelerates well. The double cab and increased overall length will take some getting used to. Had I been able to get a diesel, I believe this would have been the ideal truck. I wanted a diesel primarily for long-term efficiency (mpg), dependability and low-end torque (off-roading and hauling). It represents a very good value IMHO and rides like a dream. I traded a Toyota FJ cruiser in on it and am so much happier with this vehicle than the FJ. The FJ is "toy-like" by comparison.

So Far So Good
By EON on 10/29/09 13:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I just got my Tundra CrewMax (5.7) with the TRD package. It is very stylish. The ride is a little sloppy compared to my Ford F150 Lariat, but overall the acceleration and towing capacity are very good. The gauges are probably designed for someone shorter than I am. I have to duck down to see them clearly. I appreciated Toyota still having a lease program. Ford basically quit and I like to lease for my company vehicles. My salesperson was also very knowledgeable and efficient.

2010 Toyota Tundra 4.6 Double Cab
By joeydee on 10/26/09 08:57 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab LB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I currently have 1200 miles on the truck and my driving consists of 75% highway and 25% city. I am currently getting 18.9 miles per gallon. The longest stretch I drove was from the Texas Hill Country to Corpus Christi, Texas a distance of 179 miles. When I arrived at my destination I still had half a tank of gas left. I was able to return back with the other half tank and refill upon arrival. For a large truck it gets good mpg. The ride is comfortable and the cabin is very quiet with hardly no wind or engine noise. Hauling heavy loads is very easy with this truck.

2010 tundra
By ron romine on 10/18/09 16:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

The new 4.6 v8 sold me on this vehicle compared to the others. Another big plus is the resale value. Toyota beats them all. Even under the truck I was impressed. The brake lines and fuel lines are coated as well frame and body to prevent rust.

Power and overall quality
By BeaverFood on 10/05/09 03:32 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I traded my Silverado for the Tundra. I need a reliable and tough pick-up for towing my boat (4,000 lbs) and for plowing my driveway. I expect the Tundra to do well at both. It certainly hauls my boat just fine. I had to haul it 400 miles roundtrip the day after getting the truck. It handled very well, smoother than the Silverado. The 5.7L engine is very nice. And I like the way it downshifts (under cruise control) when going down hill.

Excellent Truck
By machinex on 09/03/09 11:19 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Even with the work truck package and the base 4.0L engine, this is a great vehicle. Looks good, rides smooth for full-size truck and gets a lot of looks. Toyota really paid attention to truck buyers this time; there's storage compartments everywhere, the tailgate is light as a feather but still very strong and the whole truck just feels sturdy and beefy. I used to buy only domestic trucks because of headroom issues (I'm very tall), but now the Toyota cab is just as tall and roomy as the competitors. While Ford may have more packages and options available, Toyota has been smarter about the offerings they have. After all, no one wants roll-up windows on a truck over $20k.

Toyota could improve
By nnelgb on 08/24/09 09:08 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Things I don't like. When the engine starts cold it immediately hits 1800 RPM instead of a reasonable 1200 RPM. The bright light indicator is too bright. The gas & engine temperature gauge is down in a tube and in the daytime you can't read it part of the time. With a topper on the bed the dirt pours into the bed on dirt roads. This may be the topper installer problem but there is a 1/2" space between the tailgate and the bed. Lots of storage space-peppy engine(4.6) - rides good for a truck (I have the tow package) with the cruise control on it will down shift going down a grade to help keep the right speed. (first Toyota) Dealer is excellent to me. I haven't been back to dealer yet.

Awesome!!!!!
By mpotito on 08/12/09 15:25 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

First ever Toyota Truck! What an awesome truck!!!! Get the 5.7 litre. The average fuel per gallon is 16!! WOW!! I have always owned Chevy trucks but I have to tell you not only is the truck built in the United States but it blows away the Chevy and GMC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!