Used 2010 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Tundra

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Great Truck!
By Skierdad

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Drove every half ton truck out there and chose the Tundra over them all. Tons of power. Have pulled a 4 place ATV trailer loaded up, boats, etc. No issues. Added a matching topper and the truck is sharp looking. Can load up the wife, kids, and 2 dogs and all our gear for a drive anywhere we want to go.

power, size, handling in inclement weather, easy to drive.

plastic on interior seems to scratch easily, little more room in the double cab would be nice. suggest to extend cab 4" and it would be perfect. gas mileage needs improvement, ride (needs to be as smooth as the other 1/2 tons).

Dissapointed
By stovester

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

First Toyota I have ever bought always owned "American" trucks but thought I'd give Toyota shot since they (used) to have a great rep. Lack of power off the line and have had several instances where it just won't GO! Even with the pedal to the floor. I was told by dealership that's how they are and if there is no check engine light then nothings wrong. Finally after having the recall performed the check engine light came on and turned out the emissions valve was bad. 2 days to replaced that (no loaner vehicle provided) and still having problems. Even more prominent with the AC on, loses power bid time. Last Toyota I will buy, not impressed at all.

Body style

Can't see radio display when the sun is out. Had to remove backseat headrest to see out rear window. Too much plastic! And finally figure out what is wrong with your trucks or stop making them

Great Truck
By John

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I Love this Truck. Fit & Finish as well as performance are excellent. Everyone complains about gas mileage. It is a pickup truck people. I am getting great mileage, avg 18.7 hwy at 75 mph. Hwy I am getting better than my diesel I traded in, city not quite as good, but still avg 14.6. These are excellent numbers for a 4WD Truck. I am 6'4" all the controls are within perfect reach for me, I can see where they would be a chore to reach for folks with shorter arms, steering wheel controls cover that nicely! I have 3 Great Danes that weigh over 400 lbs combined, I slide the front passenger seat forward throw some spare cushions down & all 3 dogs fit in back! They are the reason I bought a crewmax.

I & my Great Danes Love the rear window that lowers into the body. Having the hands free phone makes it a pleasure to drive. I also finally have some real leg room to drive long distance in Comfort. room, room & more room! Home run, Toyota!

Transmission, Have to do something about that 1st 2nd gear mis-shift issue when 1st starting out. It is quite annoying. Also how about a 6 1/2 ft bed option with about a 400 Lb better payload option. Overall still a great truck.

Love this Truck
By jmcycle

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

When shopping for a new full size truck, I looked at everything accept GM (won't buy GM due to bailout and subsequent UAW lawsuits). I settled on the Tundra for three main reasons: 1) 381 hp and 401 lb/ft of torque. The only truck that came close to this was the Ram. 2) The double cab rear doors open as regular doors instead of suicide doors. Aside from being more convenient, I also think it is safer for the rear seat passengers. 3) Toyota offered a lease. I rated the gas mileage as a 10 b/c it is comparable to its competition but still offers superior performance. This truck also handled better than and was more comfortable than the other trucks I test drove.

Regular opening rear doors. 381 hp. Bluetooth with streaming capability. I play Pandora from my phone through the Bluetooth! Huge comfortable cab with tons of storage space. Adults fit comfortably in a double cab. 6 speed auto transmission. Heated wiper washer.

Weird sunglass holders. Why are there so many of them? And what fits in the "card" holder other than business cards?

Should have bought a Tundra long ago
By Rod2012

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I am very pleased with the truck. The last new truck I bought was a Dodge Ram and Chrysler did everything they could to avoid paying for anything. Toyota owns up for its Recalls and steps up to fix it. Handles great, comfortable and power! As for the so called noises in the back of the truck, the only noises I hear in the back are the trucks left behind at the light.

V8 power, 4X4, Sliding rear window, Comfort and the tough look. It backs what is says.

Make the Super-charger standard. 504 hp 550 ft-lbs torque.