Used 2010 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Tundra

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Great Truck
By John

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I Love this Truck. Fit & Finish as well as performance are excellent. Everyone complains about gas mileage. It is a pickup truck people. I am getting great mileage, avg 18.7 hwy at 75 mph. Hwy I am getting better than my diesel I traded in, city not quite as good, but still avg 14.6. These are excellent numbers for a 4WD Truck. I am 6'4" all the controls are within perfect reach for me, I can see where they would be a chore to reach for folks with shorter arms, steering wheel controls cover that nicely! I have 3 Great Danes that weigh over 400 lbs combined, I slide the front passenger seat forward throw some spare cushions down & all 3 dogs fit in back! They are the reason I bought a crewmax.

Favorite Features

I & my Great Danes Love the rear window that lowers into the body. Having the hands free phone makes it a pleasure to drive. I also finally have some real leg room to drive long distance in Comfort. room, room & more room! Home run, Toyota!

Suggested Improvements

Transmission, Have to do something about that 1st 2nd gear mis-shift issue when 1st starting out. It is quite annoying. Also how about a 6 1/2 ft bed option with about a 400 Lb better payload option. Overall still a great truck.

Love this Truck
By jmcycle

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

When shopping for a new full size truck, I looked at everything accept GM (won't buy GM due to bailout and subsequent UAW lawsuits). I settled on the Tundra for three main reasons: 1) 381 hp and 401 lb/ft of torque. The only truck that came close to this was the Ram. 2) The double cab rear doors open as regular doors instead of suicide doors. Aside from being more convenient, I also think it is safer for the rear seat passengers. 3) Toyota offered a lease. I rated the gas mileage as a 10 b/c it is comparable to its competition but still offers superior performance. This truck also handled better than and was more comfortable than the other trucks I test drove.

Favorite Features

Regular opening rear doors. 381 hp. Bluetooth with streaming capability. I play Pandora from my phone through the Bluetooth! Huge comfortable cab with tons of storage space. Adults fit comfortably in a double cab. 6 speed auto transmission. Heated wiper washer.

Suggested Improvements

Weird sunglass holders. Why are there so many of them? And what fits in the "card" holder other than business cards?

Should have bought a Tundra long ago
By Rod2012

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I am very pleased with the truck. The last new truck I bought was a Dodge Ram and Chrysler did everything they could to avoid paying for anything. Toyota owns up for its Recalls and steps up to fix it. Handles great, comfortable and power! As for the so called noises in the back of the truck, the only noises I hear in the back are the trucks left behind at the light.

Favorite Features

V8 power, 4X4, Sliding rear window, Comfort and the tough look. It backs what is says.

Suggested Improvements

Make the Super-charger standard. 504 hp 550 ft-lbs torque.

Awesome Truck, downright AWFUL MPG
By Tom

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is awesome. It has an unbelievable amount of power, and exceeds my expectations with ease, but I regret my decision in buying the "Rock Warrior" package, as the tires, suspension, etc. are hurting this truck's gas mileage severely. As in 9 mpg in the city, 10-12 mpg highway. Other than that, all I can say is that this has to be the best half-ton ever built.

Favorite Features

Power, towing capability, power, comfort, power, more power, oh, and did I mention power?

Suggested Improvements

Make an affordable hybrid that I can still tow my boat with.

Excellent Truck
By New2Toyota

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the CrewMax 5.7 L, 4wd w/tow, bench front seat,and that great roll down back window! The ride is great for family of 5 and dog in back. Towed the 25 ft camp trailer up 2000+ elevation gain, without an hesitation, almost like it wasn't back there! The backseat space is great for the kids and lots of water bottle storage. Everyone could see out easily and enjoyed the ride. Wife and daughter drive it whenever I'm not home, and they love it! Integrated phone is really easy to use.

Favorite Features

Roll-down back window! Easy down and up tailgate. Easy 4 wheel drive switching! Space in front and back. Great gas mileage, about 18 mpg so far. Great looking truck without being a brute box.

Suggested Improvements

Need to be able to turn all lights off when it is running sometimes. USB plug needs to be angled down and out of the way, with a small shelf to put ipod or such on.