2010 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Tundra
By Lawrence LeBlanc on 03/18/10 15:21 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my Tundra for three weeks. It is easy to handle. I like the color the interior and also the way it handle the highway. Even though there have been a lot of problems with some of the Toyota vehicles, I still feel very comfortable driving my tundra. I have no complaints. I would definitely recommend this truck to someone that is interested in driving a big nice spacious truck.

Check Engine Light
By JH on 03/14/10 05:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Have had the truck for a week and the check engine light is on! Just traded in my Jeep Grand Cherokee for the same reason. Expensive truck and now this! Put some faith in Toyota even with the accelerator recall and supposedly from another post, they knew about this problem, cam sensor. Beware!

Disappointed
By bspurlo on 03/04/10 12:00 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my 2010 Tundra on Saturday and ended up taking it back on Monday because the check engine light came on. I found out through the internet that its a problem Toyota's having with a lot of Tundras something to do with a spring in the motor. The fix requires them to tear the engine down, replace the spring and about 15 other parts then put it back together. I have been in contact with the dealership, Toyota and a host of other agency's complaining about paying $36k for what boils down to a used truck! I am so far beyond disappointed in Toyota I cant even begin to tell you. This will for sure be the last vehicle I purchase from Toyota and that's truly said since this makes my 4 Toyota.

The last Toyota I'll own
By mylast1 on 02/28/10 10:30 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

It looks good on the outside, drives great, and is fast but this is last Toyota I'll buy. Not because of all the recalls. It's the way Toyota skimps on features. Even the top end packages will give you the comfort features that other makers have. Here are just a few: no 1-touch window down/up for driver (and pass.), no windows down/up using remote, and not all interior controls light-up at night. The $500 enhanced radio provides poor sounds. And beware of the display panel switch: Only the limited models get the advertised Blue/White displays. All others get the Halloween orange lights display panel.

What a Truck!
By pleased on 02/26/10 09:30 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Traded in my 08 Tacoma PreRunner for the Tundra and haven't looked back. The truck handles like a luxury vehicle but still has the bold look of a truck. The 4.6L has plenty of power for my personal use, actually more than I need. Love having a truck bed over 6 ft and 4wd. MPG's have been about averaging around 16 mixed driving, I was getting 20 mpg in my Tacoma but the sacrifice is definitely worth it.

Very happy with my Crewmax !
By OneLeggedNun on 02/19/10 08:15 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Love this truck ! Tons of interior room, enough bed for my own needs (4.6L Crewmax - 5.5' bed)Plenty of power, awesome looks, Toyota reliability ! Attention getter wherever it goes. People always saying "Nice Truck". I don't need it for work, but wanted a truck with lots of interior room for kids/dogs/bodies... It serves my needs very well and everyone is very comfortable. I have no ride complaints at all. Only issue is start up RPM seems higher than needed, then goes down after about 5 seconds. Kinda loud at start-up because of this. Seatbelt buzzer is annoying as hell also.

Disappointed
By disappointed on 02/17/10 20:38 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd and maybe last Tundra. It looks and drives great but within a week and 125 miles the check engine light came on. Toyota says its a cam sensor and they have to tear down the engine. To make it worse they are struggling to find the parts . This is another of Toyota's nasty secrets because the dealership new what the problem was the minute they heard. My previous Tundra's were great but I think I just made a 40K+ mistake.The only highlight is that the Dealership is really trying to help they are good people.

beast
By wilson on 02/14/10 19:05 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

love the truck. First truck since our old sr5 first gen truck. Truck changed my Grandparents (long time gm fans) mind about the tundra. My paps even asked how much it would cost to trade his 2500hd for my tundra. pretty impressive truck to say the least.

Nice Truck but poor Quality Control
By Tundra on 02/13/10 03:41 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I like the truck, just upgraded from a 2006 tacoma. Lots of power and very comfortable to drive. But watch out for the recent Toyota problems. Within 150 miles of purchase check engine light came on. Was told it would take 5 days to fix, then was called later that day and told all i needed was an oil change. Upon internet research i found out there was more than likely metal in the oil filter from the manufacturing process. After discussions with the dealership This was confirmed when i reached the dealership. They extended my warranty to 6 yr 100000 miles bumper to bumper, but Toyota would not pay for it so the dealership made good on it.

Remember it's a Toyota "TRUCK"
By parder on 01/20/10 07:50 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

One month so far. Replaced a F150 with Tundra Dbl cab. F150 drives like a caddy, Tundra like a used Mack. Bouncy and loud. Great looking,but take it for a long test drive to make sure. Gauges hard to see,2 front seats,yet cupholders (good for long trips across Sahara),but no map pockets? Radio system confusing & impossible to reach(steering wheel controls don't really help). Cruise hard to reach and tells you it is on when it really isn't. Hard to control gas pedal, small brake pedal. But, typical of Toyota & Honda-you get what we give you and like it. Great towing capacity but highly overrated as everyday driver for performance and comfort! Oh, don't forget the $100 oil changes.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Tundra in VA is:

$124 per month*