Used 2010 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

My paint is coming off!
By Ryan

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I only have 7000 miles on my tundra and the paint is coming off. The iPod control never works and the inside is made out of recycled garbage plastic. I am taking the loss and ditching this thing asap.

None. I am too Angry about this to identify positives at this time.

The paint! All of the bells and whistles! They don't work or work poorly.

Rock Warrior
By M

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned two Toyota Tacomas and loved them both. Bought this Tundra for more towing power as well as an overall larger truck. Saw Rock Warrior package and immediately loved the rims and tires especially. This truck has exceeded all expectations. If you complain about a bumpy ride, gauges, and gas mileage then go back to driving a Saab. This is a truck. I am getting 16 mpg city/rural driving and that is more than my last Tacoma with a V6.

Power, Ride, Roomy interior, styling, Towing capacity, Brakes, Locking tailgate,

None

Best half ton
By big blue

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I drove every truck out there, Chevy, Ford, and Dodge. The Ford look nice inside and out, but when you drive it (it lacks power for a v8 5.4) and to me the engine is the heart of a truck! The Chevy was a good truck but didn't have the resale valve that Toyota has. The 6.0l was good but 5.7l was better. The Dodge had the best ride but can't tow as much as the others. The 5.7 hemi is better then last gen but the 5.7 is just better. All the trucks have great things going for them but the Toyota has it all. The ride on all trucks are ok at best, but Toyota has the worst bed bonce.

engine (5.7 L) and Trans. the room in front and back. ok gas miles for V8 getting 20 hwy and 15.5 city

Fix the bed bounces!

Great Truck!
By Skierdad

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Drove every half ton truck out there and chose the Tundra over them all. Tons of power. Have pulled a 4 place ATV trailer loaded up, boats, etc. No issues. Added a matching topper and the truck is sharp looking. Can load up the wife, kids, and 2 dogs and all our gear for a drive anywhere we want to go.

power, size, handling in inclement weather, easy to drive.

plastic on interior seems to scratch easily, little more room in the double cab would be nice. suggest to extend cab 4" and it would be perfect. gas mileage needs improvement, ride (needs to be as smooth as the other 1/2 tons).

Dissapointed
By stovester

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

First Toyota I have ever bought always owned "American" trucks but thought I'd give Toyota shot since they (used) to have a great rep. Lack of power off the line and have had several instances where it just won't GO! Even with the pedal to the floor. I was told by dealership that's how they are and if there is no check engine light then nothings wrong. Finally after having the recall performed the check engine light came on and turned out the emissions valve was bad. 2 days to replaced that (no loaner vehicle provided) and still having problems. Even more prominent with the AC on, loses power bid time. Last Toyota I will buy, not impressed at all.

Body style

Can't see radio display when the sun is out. Had to remove backseat headrest to see out rear window. Too much plastic! And finally figure out what is wrong with your trucks or stop making them