2010 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Disappointed in Toyota
By Leon on 05/15/10 16:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

My first Toyota and I am quite disappointed. I bought a Toyota Tundra because of Toyota's past reputation of quality. Toyota quality is definitely a thing of the past. Be cautious of the 2010 Tundra. When manufacturing they put the wrong VVT spring in the motors of a bunch of Tundras. Unfortunately for consumers, Toyota continued to sell the trucks despite knowing there was a major problem. My truck has also been into the shop for a sinking dash and still doesn't run like it should. Gas mileage is horrible, lack of power. I will likely trade it in on an F150 since Toyota doesn't seem concerned that they are wasting the time of and aggravating many customers.

Cam sensor
By stash on 05/14/10 16:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Before purchasing my 2010 Tunda 4.6, I did read some reviews about the engine light coming on shortly after purchasing from other reviewers. I purchased the truck based on Toyota quality based on past purchases. Well after 6 days and 370 miles, I said to myself no engine light should be good. Well day 7 engine light on brought to dealer and told them about previous reviews. Said engine oil was the problem. Waited 15 minutes and was given a loaner to use until the cam sensor (most likely) will be replaced.This is an assumption being that it's Friday and they will not be able to completely check the problem until Monday. Very disappointed in Toyota due to years of quality work.

no disappointments
By scott534 on 05/12/10 21:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I traded an F350 diesel for this truck, and the poor fuel economy is about the same. The interior takes some getting used to, and the plastic pieces used in the center arm rest and door panel scratch very easy. I use this truck for towing a fifth wheel, and it pulls awesome (I have the longbed and put airbags on the rear). Extremely comfortable with or without a load. Tons of room in the back seat of the double cab. The best thing I did was order the flex/fuel package. Contrary to other reports, there is no lack of power using this fuel. On top of that, I am consistently paying 75 cents per gallon cheaper than regular unleaded.

Exellent ride
By Markus on 05/03/10 13:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Very good vehicle, though after owning 3 4Runners and one FJ Cruiser which were built in Japan, I was really disappointed with the interior plastic materials used in Tundra. I'm afraid of being caught in a vehicle fire and my body get molded to a mass of plastic, I guess its to save weight, but sheez what is up with the fake wood? it's also made of plastic.

Great Truck
By Flex Fuel Tundra on 04/25/10 18:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first toyota and I will most deffenently buy another one. Like all companies including the big 3 there are some issues with some of the trucks not all of them are perfect. Just wanted to mention that after reading some of the other reviews. My truck has not had a single issue. Drives great rides great performs great. The gas mileage kinda stinks on E85 but the cost of it makes up the difference and you get more power running it. Only thing i noticed was a bouncy ride on highways that have the groves to prevent water build up. After the first tire rotation that went away. If your thinking about buying a truck buy this one. You will love it.

Dissapionted
By ben makowski on 04/24/10 19:17 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

After owning many imports and just traded in a 07 HD Chevy, I am very unhappy with my purchase, so much so I may trade it in for a F-150. Numerous minor rattles and sqeeks but onl 1000 miles makes you wonder about long term ownership. After owning many Toyota products i do have to say, sadly, i am dissapointed. I think detroit has listened and has caught up

Awesome Truck
By Mahn on 04/24/10 10:28 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Very responsive truck. Lots of room. Very please that this 5.7 will out pull others 5.7. Lots of fun to drive. Love the rear sliding window and the tilting head lights. Mileage is awesome. been averaging about 14city and 20hwy on this 5.7. I will add cold air later which will improve the mileage even more. I was having withdrawal when I traded in (trouble free for 10yrs) my 2000 tundra. After driving the 2010 tundra, I don't miss it anymore. More power more room spills a lot of fun.

best truck i have ever driven
By exf150owner on 04/22/10 12:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

bought new in 2007. Traded in a new F150 that had engine/fuel injector issues after 20k miles. The ford dealer fixed every time but after being stranded 3 times I had to find something reliable. Towing 7klbs with the F150 was frightening, with the crewmax it is amazing how well/safe this vehicle is. 60k miles now and no problems at all.I tow over 10,000lbs regularly . The Tundra has bigger brakes than a F250! I drove the Chevy,F250 and the Nissan. The Nissan was a close second, but i wanted the 6speed trans and 4.32 rear end that comes stock in the Tundra. Do not buy into negative hype about Toyota, there is a lot of lies out there. Just drive the Tundra, or ask someone that owns one.

Big three can't touch this!
By ryan on 03/23/10 20:23 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I love this truck! Dodge,Ford,and GM could not offer what I got for 0% financing. A ton of horse power. Four wheel drive. Great looks and nice ride.

Good and Bad
By Double D on 03/19/10 04:48 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

2800 miles and I really enjoy driving this truck. Lots of power, easy to drive, not many complaints. Overall a great truck.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Tundra in VA is:

$124 per month*