Used 2010 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Tundra

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Towing Rig
By Bernie

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased this truck in July 2009 (one of the first 2010's. SR4 TRD 4x4. Bought it because I needed to tow a 20 foot travel trailer (about 3800 lbs). As an aside I have a 2007 suburban (5.3l) and it doesn't tow my trailer nearly as well. Truck has been very reliable, get 14 city, 18 or so highway. Towing I get between 9 and 11 (very dependent on wind conditions). Have made a couple of long trips towing I find the truck very comfortable. The interior design is not as good as other trucks, but the engine/transmission combo is superb for a gas engine. Next truck I get will be a diesel though (Toyota?)

Engine/transmission

better interior design. the info center is hard to read during the day. The fabric is nice but looks like it will stain/get dirty easily. If I had it to do over again I would get the leather seating just for durability considerations.

Paint is terrible
By pastorjdh

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my truck for three months and it has the absolute worst paint job I have ever seen on a vehicle bar none. It scratches extremely easy and is impossible to buff out without removing the clear coat. I feel horrible about my purchase now. I bought the Tundra because of Toyota's reputation and I expected a well built vehicle. I don't know what else to say.

It is a great truck besides the paint. Everything seems to work great

Paint, paint, paint

My paint is coming off!
By Ryan

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I only have 7000 miles on my tundra and the paint is coming off. The iPod control never works and the inside is made out of recycled garbage plastic. I am taking the loss and ditching this thing asap.

None. I am too Angry about this to identify positives at this time.

The paint! All of the bells and whistles! They don't work or work poorly.

Rock Warrior
By M

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned two Toyota Tacomas and loved them both. Bought this Tundra for more towing power as well as an overall larger truck. Saw Rock Warrior package and immediately loved the rims and tires especially. This truck has exceeded all expectations. If you complain about a bumpy ride, gauges, and gas mileage then go back to driving a Saab. This is a truck. I am getting 16 mpg city/rural driving and that is more than my last Tacoma with a V6.

Power, Ride, Roomy interior, styling, Towing capacity, Brakes, Locking tailgate,

None

Best half ton
By big blue

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I drove every truck out there, Chevy, Ford, and Dodge. The Ford look nice inside and out, but when you drive it (it lacks power for a v8 5.4) and to me the engine is the heart of a truck! The Chevy was a good truck but didn't have the resale valve that Toyota has. The 6.0l was good but 5.7l was better. The Dodge had the best ride but can't tow as much as the others. The 5.7 hemi is better then last gen but the 5.7 is just better. All the trucks have great things going for them but the Toyota has it all. The ride on all trucks are ok at best, but Toyota has the worst bed bonce.

engine (5.7 L) and Trans. the room in front and back. ok gas miles for V8 getting 20 hwy and 15.5 city

Fix the bed bounces!