Used 2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

My paint is coming off!
By Ryan

2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I only have 7000 miles on my tundra and the paint is coming off. The iPod control never works and the inside is made out of recycled garbage plastic. I am taking the loss and ditching this thing asap.

Favorite Features

None. I am too Angry about this to identify positives at this time.

Suggested Improvements

The paint! All of the bells and whistles! They don't work or work poorly.

Rock Warrior
By M

2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned two Toyota Tacomas and loved them both. Bought this Tundra for more towing power as well as an overall larger truck. Saw Rock Warrior package and immediately loved the rims and tires especially. This truck has exceeded all expectations. If you complain about a bumpy ride, gauges, and gas mileage then go back to driving a Saab. This is a truck. I am getting 16 mpg city/rural driving and that is more than my last Tacoma with a V6.

Favorite Features

Power, Ride, Roomy interior, styling, Towing capacity, Brakes, Locking tailgate,

Suggested Improvements

None

Great Truck!
By Skierdad

2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Drove every half ton truck out there and chose the Tundra over them all. Tons of power. Have pulled a 4 place ATV trailer loaded up, boats, etc. No issues. Added a matching topper and the truck is sharp looking. Can load up the wife, kids, and 2 dogs and all our gear for a drive anywhere we want to go.

Favorite Features

power, size, handling in inclement weather, easy to drive.

Suggested Improvements

plastic on interior seems to scratch easily, little more room in the double cab would be nice. suggest to extend cab 4" and it would be perfect. gas mileage needs improvement, ride (needs to be as smooth as the other 1/2 tons).

Dissapointed
By stovester

2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

First Toyota I have ever bought always owned "American" trucks but thought I'd give Toyota shot since they (used) to have a great rep. Lack of power off the line and have had several instances where it just won't GO! Even with the pedal to the floor. I was told by dealership that's how they are and if there is no check engine light then nothings wrong. Finally after having the recall performed the check engine light came on and turned out the emissions valve was bad. 2 days to replaced that (no loaner vehicle provided) and still having problems. Even more prominent with the AC on, loses power bid time. Last Toyota I will buy, not impressed at all.

Favorite Features

Body style

Suggested Improvements

Can't see radio display when the sun is out. Had to remove backseat headrest to see out rear window. Too much plastic! And finally figure out what is wrong with your trucks or stop making them

Love this Truck
By jmcycle

When shopping for a new full size truck, I looked at everything accept GM (won't buy GM due to bailout and subsequent UAW lawsuits). I settled on the Tundra for three main reasons: 1) 381 hp and 401 lb/ft of torque. The only truck that came close to this was the Ram. 2) The double cab rear doors open as regular doors instead of suicide doors. Aside from being more convenient, I also think it is safer for the rear seat passengers. 3) Toyota offered a lease. I rated the gas mileage as a 10 b/c it is comparable to its competition but still offers superior performance. This truck also handled better than and was more comfortable than the other trucks I test drove.

Favorite Features

Regular opening rear doors. 381 hp. Bluetooth with streaming capability. I play Pandora from my phone through the Bluetooth! Huge comfortable cab with tons of storage space. Adults fit comfortably in a double cab. 6 speed auto transmission. Heated wiper washer.

Suggested Improvements

Weird sunglass holders. Why are there so many of them? And what fits in the "card" holder other than business cards?