2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Super thundra
By willie murray on 05/22/10 19:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle for my lawn service, and have been very pleased with the power, ride and looks of this vehicle. I would buy another without a second thought.

Disappointed in Toyota
By Leon on 05/15/10 16:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

My first Toyota and I am quite disappointed. I bought a Toyota Tundra because of Toyota's past reputation of quality. Toyota quality is definitely a thing of the past. Be cautious of the 2010 Tundra. When manufacturing they put the wrong VVT spring in the motors of a bunch of Tundras. Unfortunately for consumers, Toyota continued to sell the trucks despite knowing there was a major problem. My truck has also been into the shop for a sinking dash and still doesn't run like it should. Gas mileage is horrible, lack of power. I will likely trade it in on an F150 since Toyota doesn't seem concerned that they are wasting the time of and aggravating many customers.

Cam sensor
By stash on 05/14/10 16:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Before purchasing my 2010 Tunda 4.6, I did read some reviews about the engine light coming on shortly after purchasing from other reviewers. I purchased the truck based on Toyota quality based on past purchases. Well after 6 days and 370 miles, I said to myself no engine light should be good. Well day 7 engine light on brought to dealer and told them about previous reviews. Said engine oil was the problem. Waited 15 minutes and was given a loaner to use until the cam sensor (most likely) will be replaced.This is an assumption being that it's Friday and they will not be able to completely check the problem until Monday. Very disappointed in Toyota due to years of quality work.

no disappointments
By scott534 on 05/12/10 21:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I traded an F350 diesel for this truck, and the poor fuel economy is about the same. The interior takes some getting used to, and the plastic pieces used in the center arm rest and door panel scratch very easy. I use this truck for towing a fifth wheel, and it pulls awesome (I have the longbed and put airbags on the rear). Extremely comfortable with or without a load. Tons of room in the back seat of the double cab. The best thing I did was order the flex/fuel package. Contrary to other reports, there is no lack of power using this fuel. On top of that, I am consistently paying 75 cents per gallon cheaper than regular unleaded.

Great Truck
By Flex Fuel Tundra on 04/25/10 18:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first toyota and I will most deffenently buy another one. Like all companies including the big 3 there are some issues with some of the trucks not all of them are perfect. Just wanted to mention that after reading some of the other reviews. My truck has not had a single issue. Drives great rides great performs great. The gas mileage kinda stinks on E85 but the cost of it makes up the difference and you get more power running it. Only thing i noticed was a bouncy ride on highways that have the groves to prevent water build up. After the first tire rotation that went away. If your thinking about buying a truck buy this one. You will love it.

Awesome Truck
By Mahn on 04/24/10 10:28 AM (PDT)

Very responsive truck. Lots of room. Very please that this 5.7 will out pull others 5.7. Lots of fun to drive. Love the rear sliding window and the tilting head lights. Mileage is awesome. been averaging about 14city and 20hwy on this 5.7. I will add cold air later which will improve the mileage even more. I was having withdrawal when I traded in (trouble free for 10yrs) my 2000 tundra. After driving the 2010 tundra, I don't miss it anymore. More power more room spills a lot of fun.

Big three can't touch this!
By ryan on 03/23/10 20:23 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I love this truck! Dodge,Ford,and GM could not offer what I got for 0% financing. A ton of horse power. Four wheel drive. Great looks and nice ride.

Good and Bad
By Double D on 03/19/10 04:48 AM (PDT)

2800 miles and I really enjoy driving this truck. Lots of power, easy to drive, not many complaints. Overall a great truck.

Check Engine Light
By JH on 03/14/10 05:09 AM (PDT)

Have had the truck for a week and the check engine light is on! Just traded in my Jeep Grand Cherokee for the same reason. Expensive truck and now this! Put some faith in Toyota even with the accelerator recall and supposedly from another post, they knew about this problem, cam sensor. Beware!

Disappointed
By bspurlo on 03/04/10 12:00 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my 2010 Tundra on Saturday and ended up taking it back on Monday because the check engine light came on. I found out through the internet that its a problem Toyota's having with a lot of Tundras something to do with a spring in the motor. The fix requires them to tear the engine down, replace the spring and about 15 other parts then put it back together. I have been in contact with the dealership, Toyota and a host of other agency's complaining about paying $36k for what boils down to a used truck! I am so far beyond disappointed in Toyota I cant even begin to tell you. This will for sure be the last vehicle I purchase from Toyota and that's truly said since this makes my 4 Toyota.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Tundra Double-cab in NJ is:

$227 per month*