2010 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Great Truck
By John on 07/10/10 19:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I Love this Truck. Fit & Finish as well as performance are excellent. Everyone complains about gas mileage. It is a pickup truck people. I am getting great mileage, avg 18.7 hwy at 75 mph. Hwy I am getting better than my diesel I traded in, city not quite as good, but still avg 14.6. These are excellent numbers for a 4WD Truck. I am 6'4" all the controls are within perfect reach for me, I can see where they would be a chore to reach for folks with shorter arms, steering wheel controls cover that nicely! I have 3 Great Danes that weigh over 400 lbs combined, I slide the front passenger seat forward throw some spare cushions down & all 3 dogs fit in back! They are the reason I bought a crewmax.

Love this Truck
By jmcycle on 07/01/10 17:51 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

When shopping for a new full size truck, I looked at everything accept GM (won't buy GM due to bailout and subsequent UAW lawsuits). I settled on the Tundra for three main reasons: 1) 381 hp and 401 lb/ft of torque. The only truck that came close to this was the Ram. 2) The double cab rear doors open as regular doors instead of suicide doors. Aside from being more convenient, I also think it is safer for the rear seat passengers. 3) Toyota offered a lease. I rated the gas mileage as a 10 b/c it is comparable to its competition but still offers superior performance. This truck also handled better than and was more comfortable than the other trucks I test drove.

Should have bought a Tundra long ago
By Rod2012 on 06/28/10 09:03 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I am very pleased with the truck. The last new truck I bought was a Dodge Ram and Chrysler did everything they could to avoid paying for anything. Toyota owns up for its Recalls and steps up to fix it. Handles great, comfortable and power! As for the so called noises in the back of the truck, the only noises I hear in the back are the trucks left behind at the light.

Awesome Truck, downright AWFUL MPG
By Tom on 06/15/10 14:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is awesome. It has an unbelievable amount of power, and exceeds my expectations with ease, but I regret my decision in buying the "Rock Warrior" package, as the tires, suspension, etc. are hurting this truck's gas mileage severely. As in 9 mpg in the city, 10-12 mpg highway. Other than that, all I can say is that this has to be the best half-ton ever built.

Excellent Truck
By New2Toyota on 06/10/10 10:20 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the CrewMax 5.7 L, 4wd w/tow, bench front seat,and that great roll down back window! The ride is great for family of 5 and dog in back. Towed the 25 ft camp trailer up 2000+ elevation gain, without an hesitation, almost like it wasn't back there! The backseat space is great for the kids and lots of water bottle storage. Everyone could see out easily and enjoyed the ride. Wife and daughter drive it whenever I'm not home, and they love it! Integrated phone is really easy to use.

Just My Style
By Gary Perruzzi on 06/08/10 14:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Looked at Sierra, Silverado and F-150 but decided on the Tundra, first on looks and style, but ultimately on ride and quality. The 5.7L is quick and responsive, and so far 16.5 mpg around town. For all the concern over cam sensor problems...so far so good. Many options for the same price as a standard F-150. Love it, and would recommend picking one up!

Crew Max Limited Edition Review
By Pbrogno on 06/08/10 12:45 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first pick up truck and I love it. I traded in a 2007 BMW X5 for the Toyota Tundra CrewMax Limited. I have put over 4K miles on the truck in 2.5 months and everything has been as expected. The 5.5 foot bed works for hauling ATV, (Louisiana Guard Dog), furniture, etc. The back seats have so much room and I have my seat back. I get 14 mpg city and 19 Hwy. The power is amazing, NAV is awesome and voice command technology with bluetooth is great. The back up camera is a little misleading because it is meant to view the hitch, but with the sensors it gives you a good gauge of distance. The rear sliding window is a great plus. This truck gets a lot of attention and looks great.

Good for a truck
By Kevin R on 06/06/10 13:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my FJ Cruiser because I wanted to be able to put my motorcycle in the back and go south in the winter. The Tundra drives like a luxury vehicle. It is smooth and quiet. It has power to spare. It also has the cargo and towing capacities that I need.

Went from '07 to '10 Tundra
By bill on 05/26/10 22:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Turned in leased '07 2WD 4.6 L for '10 4WD dbl cab w/5.7 engine. '02 was trouble free and powerful considering the small engine. With only 4 tanks of gas in the '10, have gotten 18 mpg and slightly better in mostly around town driving. I'm an easy driver and whenever possible drive with the tach and try to run under 2k rpm. Radio in '02 was replaced 3 times, but was multi-disc cd player and I don't expect problem with single player in '10. 6-speed trans is great so far, as is powerful engine. If no problems, expect to buy this truck at end of lease. I'm a fairly large person and this is a comfortable truck. Fit is good. This one was made in San Antonio TX.

Super thundra
By willie murray on 05/22/10 19:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle for my lawn service, and have been very pleased with the power, ride and looks of this vehicle. I would buy another without a second thought.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Tundra in VA is:

$124 per month*