Used 2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Great Truck
By John

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I Love this Truck. Fit & Finish as well as performance are excellent. Everyone complains about gas mileage. It is a pickup truck people. I am getting great mileage, avg 18.7 hwy at 75 mph. Hwy I am getting better than my diesel I traded in, city not quite as good, but still avg 14.6. These are excellent numbers for a 4WD Truck. I am 6'4" all the controls are within perfect reach for me, I can see where they would be a chore to reach for folks with shorter arms, steering wheel controls cover that nicely! I have 3 Great Danes that weigh over 400 lbs combined, I slide the front passenger seat forward throw some spare cushions down & all 3 dogs fit in back! They are the reason I bought a crewmax.

Favorite Features

I & my Great Danes Love the rear window that lowers into the body. Having the hands free phone makes it a pleasure to drive. I also finally have some real leg room to drive long distance in Comfort. room, room & more room! Home run, Toyota!

Suggested Improvements

Transmission, Have to do something about that 1st 2nd gear mis-shift issue when 1st starting out. It is quite annoying. Also how about a 6 1/2 ft bed option with about a 400 Lb better payload option. Overall still a great truck.

Excellent Truck
By New2Toyota

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the CrewMax 5.7 L, 4wd w/tow, bench front seat,and that great roll down back window! The ride is great for family of 5 and dog in back. Towed the 25 ft camp trailer up 2000+ elevation gain, without an hesitation, almost like it wasn't back there! The backseat space is great for the kids and lots of water bottle storage. Everyone could see out easily and enjoyed the ride. Wife and daughter drive it whenever I'm not home, and they love it! Integrated phone is really easy to use.

Favorite Features

Roll-down back window! Easy down and up tailgate. Easy 4 wheel drive switching! Space in front and back. Great gas mileage, about 18 mpg so far. Great looking truck without being a brute box.

Suggested Improvements

Need to be able to turn all lights off when it is running sometimes. USB plug needs to be angled down and out of the way, with a small shelf to put ipod or such on.

Crew Max Limited Edition Review
By Pbrogno

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first pick up truck and I love it. I traded in a 2007 BMW X5 for the Toyota Tundra CrewMax Limited. I have put over 4K miles on the truck in 2.5 months and everything has been as expected. The 5.5 foot bed works for hauling ATV, (Louisiana Guard Dog), furniture, etc. The back seats have so much room and I have my seat back. I get 14 mpg city and 19 Hwy. The power is amazing, NAV is awesome and voice command technology with bluetooth is great. The back up camera is a little misleading because it is meant to view the hitch, but with the sensors it gives you a good gauge of distance. The rear sliding window is a great plus. This truck gets a lot of attention and looks great.

Favorite Features

Nav Bluetooth Sound System Voice Command 4x4 overall look 20 inch rims huge arm rest fits in my garage (barely) but it does I just love this truck!

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy but I knew that when I bought it. Seat belt alert is so annoying.

Exellent ride
By Markus

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Very good vehicle, though after owning 3 4Runners and one FJ Cruiser which were built in Japan, I was really disappointed with the interior plastic materials used in Tundra. I'm afraid of being caught in a vehicle fire and my body get molded to a mass of plastic, I guess its to save weight, but sheez what is up with the fake wood? it's also made of plastic.

Favorite Features

I have a limited crew max with 5.7 liter engine, the ride is very good, then again I'm use to rough rides of my 4runners and an FJ cruiser.

Suggested Improvements

I suggest a Dually and Diesel for future models. Please have a 4wheel drive system that I can at least live turned on.

Dissapionted
By ben makowski

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

After owning many imports and just traded in a 07 HD Chevy, I am very unhappy with my purchase, so much so I may trade it in for a F-150. Numerous minor rattles and sqeeks but onl 1000 miles makes you wonder about long term ownership. After owning many Toyota products i do have to say, sadly, i am dissapointed. I think detroit has listened and has caught up