2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
best truck i have ever driven
By exf150owner on 04/22/10 12:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

bought new in 2007. Traded in a new F150 that had engine/fuel injector issues after 20k miles. The ford dealer fixed every time but after being stranded 3 times I had to find something reliable. Towing 7klbs with the F150 was frightening, with the crewmax it is amazing how well/safe this vehicle is. 60k miles now and no problems at all.I tow over 10,000lbs regularly . The Tundra has bigger brakes than a F250! I drove the Chevy,F250 and the Nissan. The Nissan was a close second, but i wanted the 6speed trans and 4.32 rear end that comes stock in the Tundra. Do not buy into negative hype about Toyota, there is a lot of lies out there. Just drive the Tundra, or ask someone that owns one.

Tundra
By Lawrence LeBlanc on 03/18/10 15:21 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my Tundra for three weeks. It is easy to handle. I like the color the interior and also the way it handle the highway. Even though there have been a lot of problems with some of the Toyota vehicles, I still feel very comfortable driving my tundra. I have no complaints. I would definitely recommend this truck to someone that is interested in driving a big nice spacious truck.

Very happy with my Crewmax !
By OneLeggedNun on 02/19/10 08:15 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Love this truck ! Tons of interior room, enough bed for my own needs (4.6L Crewmax - 5.5' bed)Plenty of power, awesome looks, Toyota reliability ! Attention getter wherever it goes. People always saying "Nice Truck". I don't need it for work, but wanted a truck with lots of interior room for kids/dogs/bodies... It serves my needs very well and everyone is very comfortable. I have no ride complaints at all. Only issue is start up RPM seems higher than needed, then goes down after about 5 seconds. Kinda loud at start-up because of this. Seatbelt buzzer is annoying as hell also.

Disappointed
By disappointed on 02/17/10 20:38 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd and maybe last Tundra. It looks and drives great but within a week and 125 miles the check engine light came on. Toyota says its a cam sensor and they have to tear down the engine. To make it worse they are struggling to find the parts . This is another of Toyota's nasty secrets because the dealership new what the problem was the minute they heard. My previous Tundra's were great but I think I just made a 40K+ mistake.The only highlight is that the Dealership is really trying to help they are good people.

Nice Truck but poor Quality Control
By Tundra on 02/13/10 03:41 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I like the truck, just upgraded from a 2006 tacoma. Lots of power and very comfortable to drive. But watch out for the recent Toyota problems. Within 150 miles of purchase check engine light came on. Was told it would take 5 days to fix, then was called later that day and told all i needed was an oil change. Upon internet research i found out there was more than likely metal in the oil filter from the manufacturing process. After discussions with the dealership This was confirmed when i reached the dealership. They extended my warranty to 6 yr 100000 miles bumper to bumper, but Toyota would not pay for it so the dealership made good on it.

Not as good as I expected
By Bill Kober on 01/04/10 15:11 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have only had my truck a month and I am generally pleased; the 5.7 V-8 has plenty of power. The gas mileage is about what I expected however, the interior quality leaves a lot to be desired.

2 X Tundra Owner
By Mark O'Connor on 12/18/09 12:47 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I really liked my 2004 Toyota SR5 Double CAB but love the 2010 Crewmax. The ride, performance, size and turning radius are all much improved from the 04.

First Toyota - Went Big
By Big Papa on 12/09/09 17:56 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first Toyota truck, after driving two Dodge trucks. I am a bit concerned as a check engine light came on after just 235 miles. It seems a cam sensor is defective. I think that means the engine has to be taken apart to fix this issue. I am also experiencing an annoying creaking sound somewhere around my rear view mirror. One visit to the service department has not fixed this issue. I am also a bit disappointed with the cheap license plate mount. I really do like this truck a lot, but in my mind, I should not have the previously noted problems given the price of this vehicle. I will be very disappointed if the issues are not resolved soon.

Great Truck
By Mario on 11/20/09 16:33 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The new Tundra has a greater turn ratio which I like, I like the fact that I can make a u-turn without the need to stop and back-up. The freeway ride is really smooth, however the suspension is a little stiff and I notice some bumps on city driving, but nothing major. Gas consumption is worse than my 07, which has me baffled, since it's the same 5.7 engine. I get 18mpg on the freeway, about 14mpg city. Brakes are massive, and can stop on demand. Overall, a great truck that exceeds my expectations.

So Far So Good
By EON on 10/29/09 13:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I just got my Tundra CrewMax (5.7) with the TRD package. It is very stylish. The ride is a little sloppy compared to my Ford F150 Lariat, but overall the acceleration and towing capacity are very good. The gauges are probably designed for someone shorter than I am. I have to duck down to see them clearly. I appreciated Toyota still having a lease program. Ford basically quit and I like to lease for my company vehicles. My salesperson was also very knowledgeable and efficient.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Tundra Crewmax-cab in VA is:

$134 per month*