2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Gas Mileage
By nathantundra on 08/06/12 14:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my truck new in 2010, its a double cab TRD, 5.7liter, 2wd, and it has never got more than 14.2mpg, and thats on the highway with a K&N filter, and premium gas, its the worst gas mileage truck on the market today. I have owned many trucks, but this is worst one yet. I dont know where they get the window sticker information, because its not true.

Horrible truck
By tmoney09 on 05/04/11 23:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

the paint job is very terrible, you could rub your fingernail across it and tear the paint off, it tries to take off but unless you push to the point where it roughly takes off it wont go, yes it turns sharp but when you go around curves at even low speeds things fly all over the truck, it also has horrible gas economy, i mean its expected of a truck but the gas tank is too small so filling up often is ridiculous, also the interior is not built very well who builds a center console with cup holders in the middle causing it to have a little storage space

First Toyota
By Robert on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought my first Toyota this June. I have always owned Dodge Ram (had 5 of them) My 10' SR5 TRD 5.7L I-force smokes the Hemi, the interior is way more comfortable, more creature comforts, and larger rear sear (comparable models). All the power anybody needs,Big, fast, tough truck. Don't complain about mileage you won't find much better. Smooth ride and plenty of room...Love this truck.

Tall guys will love it!
By jason on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

Fantastic truck! Besides the looks, besides the massive towing abilities, besides the power, this truck just fits. Just driving it you feel in total control. Regardless if your towing a 10,000 lbs piece of equipment or a bed full of whatever, this truck does it with confidence. And I have to say being 6'3"(ish) I love how much room I have. Not to knock the other full size trucks, but I just felt cramped. If you like everything right in your face then this truck may not be for you. But if you like room, serious power (all available at low rpm by the way), and a great ride all with more cup holders than people can handle - then this is for you. And it's built in the US!!! Yes!! Texas

2010 Toyota Tundra SB 5.7 Double Cab
By Fred on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

I enjoy driving this vehicle but am disappointed in the mileage. I expected better and I know Toyota can do better! I bought the 5.7 and I'm lucky to get 17 miles on the highway. Also, the fuel tank is too small. Increase the capacity. The truck rides and handles better than the Dodge Diesel I traded in. I like the quality and reliability of this truck and of the 4 runner that my wife drives.

Great Truck!
By Corey on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

First off this is the best truck I have ever owned! tons of power, room and design. who ever doesn't like this truck is simply a huge MORON!

Better than competition
By Mat Leopard on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab LB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I upgraded from a Toyota Tacoma 4.0 V6 to the Tundra 4.6 V8. I got the 4.6 Liter because it was closer to the V6 as far as gas mileage and I wouldn't be sacrificing a lot. The 4.6 L is rated for 15 mpg around town and I am averaging 17 mpg around town. I had to retrain myself how to accelerate and be aware of how I'm driving, but it has made all the difference! Value for dollar, I would pass on the Tacoma any day and go for the Tundra.

Tow in Comfort
By DJ on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

We recently bought a 10' double cab SR5 TRD with the 5.7. LOVE IT! We tow a 4-ATV trailer with it and you honestly don't even know the trailer is behind you. This truck has ridiculous power and I've yet to even floor it. Extremely comfortable for long trips even while towing. You sit up high and have great visibility. Gauges are a little hard to read in certain light. Love the interior though. We are really impressed with this truck, Toyota got it right. Whenever I see an F-150 I think "I could smoke you". Only gets a few miles to gallon less than my old 4Runner - if you want good gas mileage people buy a car, this is a 381hp towing beast!

Great truck
By rhellams on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have been driving 2,000 miles a month with my Tundra. Averaging 18.5 mpg and couldn't have asked for better performance. Truck has been great!

Paint is terrible
By pastorjdh on 08/26/10 21:15 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my truck for three months and it has the absolute worst paint job I have ever seen on a vehicle bar none. It scratches extremely easy and is impossible to buff out without removing the clear coat. I feel horrible about my purchase now. I bought the Tundra because of Toyota's reputation and I expected a well built vehicle. I don't know what else to say.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Tundra Double-cab in VA is:

$145 per month*