Used 2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Can't go wrong
By cpfincham

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I wanted to wait until I got to 15K miles before I wrote a review. Truck is amazing! Ride is surprisingly smooth for a large truck. Drove my dad's 2010 Dodge Ram over same rough terrain and didn't feel a difference. CrewMax is enormous and capable of making a 6K camper seem like a load of firewood. More than enough power when you need it with or without a load. The transmission has a hard time finding the right gear at certain speeds and will drop into too low of a gear at times. Shorter people may have a hard time to reach all of the buttons on the radio because of the large interior area. Base no frills model is perfect for everyday and long road trip driving.

Favorite Features

Size! The CrewMax size was the tipping point for me. Same size truck from other manufactures was 2-4K more. Dealership also offered free lifetime warranty on drive train as a testament to the reliability of Toyota.

Suggested Improvements

As a DIY oil changer I find it frustrating how difficult it is to change the oil. Not a standard oil filter assy. Be prepared to spend 55- 90 dollars on an oil change from the dealer. Time and tools needed not worth it for me to do it.

Love the durability
By kevin

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have read all the reviews and see where everybody seems to be averaging 15+ MPG on their 5.7. I would love to know what they are doing because my display has topped out at a whopping 13.5 MPG. Is there a secret? I plan on purchasing a cat-back exhaust and air filter system in the future to up my performance and mileage. No regret. Seats family of 5 very comfortably. Got a good deal and hopefully will see this truck through to the end.

Favorite Features

Leather seating is very comfortably in either front or rear. Slide down rear window is great. Rides smoothly and quietly. Power is there when you need it.

Suggested Improvements

Radio controls take some getting used to and not much fun. Would have loved a standard mount compass in addition to others standard displays.

2010 Tundra Crewmax 2wd 5.7ltr TRD SR5
By wes

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

So far (1000 miles) this truck has not disappointed. My first tank of gas I averaged 16.5 mpg with mostly highway driving, the second tank the truck got 15.4 mpg with mostly city driving. It is a big truck with a big v8 so one shouldn't expect 25 mpg and be upset when they do not get that. I love the rear doors opening at nearly 90* to the truck as it makes it easy to get in and out putting my daughter in her car seat. The tailgate assist shocks are a nice touch. The truck is a nice tame vehicle when driving normal but has plenty of power on tap when you mash the go pedal. Trans shifts really smooth. I am 6,4 and with the front seat set for my driving I have plenty of room in the rear seat.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, center console shift, rear window rolling down, leg room, lots of storage, seat comfort, headlight brightness, auto/manual shift, Smooth ride, Looks

Suggested Improvements

Add a compass to the information center on the dash with the clock & temp. Buttons on the steering wheel to control the heat/air. Tire pressure monitoring system (do away with it or improve sensors accuracy)

Towing Rig
By Bernie

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased this truck in July 2009 (one of the first 2010's. SR4 TRD 4x4. Bought it because I needed to tow a 20 foot travel trailer (about 3800 lbs). As an aside I have a 2007 suburban (5.3l) and it doesn't tow my trailer nearly as well. Truck has been very reliable, get 14 city, 18 or so highway. Towing I get between 9 and 11 (very dependent on wind conditions). Have made a couple of long trips towing I find the truck very comfortable. The interior design is not as good as other trucks, but the engine/transmission combo is superb for a gas engine. Next truck I get will be a diesel though (Toyota?)

Favorite Features

Engine/transmission

Suggested Improvements

better interior design. the info center is hard to read during the day. The fabric is nice but looks like it will stain/get dirty easily. If I had it to do over again I would get the leather seating just for durability considerations.

Best half ton
By big blue

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I drove every truck out there, Chevy, Ford, and Dodge. The Ford look nice inside and out, but when you drive it (it lacks power for a v8 5.4) and to me the engine is the heart of a truck! The Chevy was a good truck but didn't have the resale valve that Toyota has. The 6.0l was good but 5.7l was better. The Dodge had the best ride but can't tow as much as the others. The 5.7 hemi is better then last gen but the 5.7 is just better. All the trucks have great things going for them but the Toyota has it all. The ride on all trucks are ok at best, but Toyota has the worst bed bonce.

Favorite Features

engine (5.7 L) and Trans. the room in front and back. ok gas miles for V8 getting 20 hwy and 15.5 city

Suggested Improvements

Fix the bed bounces!