2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Can't go wrong
By cpfincham on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I wanted to wait until I got to 15K miles before I wrote a review. Truck is amazing! Ride is surprisingly smooth for a large truck. Drove my dad's 2010 Dodge Ram over same rough terrain and didn't feel a difference. CrewMax is enormous and capable of making a 6K camper seem like a load of firewood. More than enough power when you need it with or without a load. The transmission has a hard time finding the right gear at certain speeds and will drop into too low of a gear at times. Shorter people may have a hard time to reach all of the buttons on the radio because of the large interior area. Base no frills model is perfect for everyday and long road trip driving.

Love the durability
By kevin on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have read all the reviews and see where everybody seems to be averaging 15+ MPG on their 5.7. I would love to know what they are doing because my display has topped out at a whopping 13.5 MPG. Is there a secret? I plan on purchasing a cat-back exhaust and air filter system in the future to up my performance and mileage. No regret. Seats family of 5 very comfortably. Got a good deal and hopefully will see this truck through to the end.

2010 Tundra Crewmax 2wd 5.7ltr TRD SR5
By wes on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

So far (1000 miles) this truck has not disappointed. My first tank of gas I averaged 16.5 mpg with mostly highway driving, the second tank the truck got 15.4 mpg with mostly city driving. It is a big truck with a big v8 so one shouldn't expect 25 mpg and be upset when they do not get that. I love the rear doors opening at nearly 90* to the truck as it makes it easy to get in and out putting my daughter in her car seat. The tailgate assist shocks are a nice touch. The truck is a nice tame vehicle when driving normal but has plenty of power on tap when you mash the go pedal. Trans shifts really smooth. I am 6,4 and with the front seat set for my driving I have plenty of room in the rear seat.

Towing Rig
By Bernie on 09/05/10 19:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased this truck in July 2009 (one of the first 2010's. SR4 TRD 4x4. Bought it because I needed to tow a 20 foot travel trailer (about 3800 lbs). As an aside I have a 2007 suburban (5.3l) and it doesn't tow my trailer nearly as well. Truck has been very reliable, get 14 city, 18 or so highway. Towing I get between 9 and 11 (very dependent on wind conditions). Have made a couple of long trips towing I find the truck very comfortable. The interior design is not as good as other trucks, but the engine/transmission combo is superb for a gas engine. Next truck I get will be a diesel though (Toyota?)

Best half ton
By big blue on 08/01/10 23:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I drove every truck out there, Chevy, Ford, and Dodge. The Ford look nice inside and out, but when you drive it (it lacks power for a v8 5.4) and to me the engine is the heart of a truck! The Chevy was a good truck but didn't have the resale valve that Toyota has. The 6.0l was good but 5.7l was better. The Dodge had the best ride but can't tow as much as the others. The 5.7 hemi is better then last gen but the 5.7 is just better. All the trucks have great things going for them but the Toyota has it all. The ride on all trucks are ok at best, but Toyota has the worst bed bonce.

Great Truck
By John on 07/10/10 19:47 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I Love this Truck. Fit & Finish as well as performance are excellent. Everyone complains about gas mileage. It is a pickup truck people. I am getting great mileage, avg 18.7 hwy at 75 mph. Hwy I am getting better than my diesel I traded in, city not quite as good, but still avg 14.6. These are excellent numbers for a 4WD Truck. I am 6'4" all the controls are within perfect reach for me, I can see where they would be a chore to reach for folks with shorter arms, steering wheel controls cover that nicely! I have 3 Great Danes that weigh over 400 lbs combined, I slide the front passenger seat forward throw some spare cushions down & all 3 dogs fit in back! They are the reason I bought a crewmax.

Excellent Truck
By New2Toyota on 06/10/10 10:20 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the CrewMax 5.7 L, 4wd w/tow, bench front seat,and that great roll down back window! The ride is great for family of 5 and dog in back. Towed the 25 ft camp trailer up 2000+ elevation gain, without an hesitation, almost like it wasn't back there! The backseat space is great for the kids and lots of water bottle storage. Everyone could see out easily and enjoyed the ride. Wife and daughter drive it whenever I'm not home, and they love it! Integrated phone is really easy to use.

Crew Max Limited Edition Review
By Pbrogno on 06/08/10 12:45 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first pick up truck and I love it. I traded in a 2007 BMW X5 for the Toyota Tundra CrewMax Limited. I have put over 4K miles on the truck in 2.5 months and everything has been as expected. The 5.5 foot bed works for hauling ATV, (Louisiana Guard Dog), furniture, etc. The back seats have so much room and I have my seat back. I get 14 mpg city and 19 Hwy. The power is amazing, NAV is awesome and voice command technology with bluetooth is great. The back up camera is a little misleading because it is meant to view the hitch, but with the sensors it gives you a good gauge of distance. The rear sliding window is a great plus. This truck gets a lot of attention and looks great.

Exellent ride
By Markus on 05/03/10 13:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Very good vehicle, though after owning 3 4Runners and one FJ Cruiser which were built in Japan, I was really disappointed with the interior plastic materials used in Tundra. I'm afraid of being caught in a vehicle fire and my body get molded to a mass of plastic, I guess its to save weight, but sheez what is up with the fake wood? it's also made of plastic.

Dissapionted
By ben makowski on 04/24/10 19:17 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

After owning many imports and just traded in a 07 HD Chevy, I am very unhappy with my purchase, so much so I may trade it in for a F-150. Numerous minor rattles and sqeeks but onl 1000 miles makes you wonder about long term ownership. After owning many Toyota products i do have to say, sadly, i am dissapointed. I think detroit has listened and has caught up

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Tundra Crewmax-cab in VA is:

$134 per month*