2010 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Gas Mileage
By nathantundra on 08/06/12 14:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my truck new in 2010, its a double cab TRD, 5.7liter, 2wd, and it has never got more than 14.2mpg, and thats on the highway with a K&N filter, and premium gas, its the worst gas mileage truck on the market today. I have owned many trucks, but this is worst one yet. I dont know where they get the window sticker information, because its not true.

Horrible truck
By tmoney09 on 05/04/11 23:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

the paint job is very terrible, you could rub your fingernail across it and tear the paint off, it tries to take off but unless you push to the point where it roughly takes off it wont go, yes it turns sharp but when you go around curves at even low speeds things fly all over the truck, it also has horrible gas economy, i mean its expected of a truck but the gas tank is too small so filling up often is ridiculous, also the interior is not built very well who builds a center console with cup holders in the middle causing it to have a little storage space

Stunning build quality. Unmatched driving experience!
By Golddust on 02/26/11 06:36 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade FFV 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

So many of the 5.7L reviews acknowledge the monster horsepower and torque of this exceptional drivetrain. Toyota, however, has managed to combine the power with an overall unmatched driving experience. Climb into the cab of the Tundra, buckle up and get ready to experience the best drive of your life. The Tundra imparts a feeling of control, confidence and well being that only happens with one or two vehicles in a lifetime. Remember that one you wished you had never sold? The Tundra is that one again and now. It will make you look forward to the local Home Depot trip as much as the two week, two thousand mile vacation jaunt. At this price level, nothing out there comes anywhere close.

Can't go wrong
By cpfincham on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I wanted to wait until I got to 15K miles before I wrote a review. Truck is amazing! Ride is surprisingly smooth for a large truck. Drove my dad's 2010 Dodge Ram over same rough terrain and didn't feel a difference. CrewMax is enormous and capable of making a 6K camper seem like a load of firewood. More than enough power when you need it with or without a load. The transmission has a hard time finding the right gear at certain speeds and will drop into too low of a gear at times. Shorter people may have a hard time to reach all of the buttons on the radio because of the large interior area. Base no frills model is perfect for everyday and long road trip driving.

First Toyota
By Robert on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought my first Toyota this June. I have always owned Dodge Ram (had 5 of them) My 10' SR5 TRD 5.7L I-force smokes the Hemi, the interior is way more comfortable, more creature comforts, and larger rear sear (comparable models). All the power anybody needs,Big, fast, tough truck. Don't complain about mileage you won't find much better. Smooth ride and plenty of room...Love this truck.

Tall guys will love it!
By jason on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Fantastic truck! Besides the looks, besides the massive towing abilities, besides the power, this truck just fits. Just driving it you feel in total control. Regardless if your towing a 10,000 lbs piece of equipment or a bed full of whatever, this truck does it with confidence. And I have to say being 6'3"(ish) I love how much room I have. Not to knock the other full size trucks, but I just felt cramped. If you like everything right in your face then this truck may not be for you. But if you like room, serious power (all available at low rpm by the way), and a great ride all with more cup holders than people can handle - then this is for you. And it's built in the US!!! Yes!! Texas

2010 Toyota Tundra SB 5.7 Double Cab
By Fred on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I enjoy driving this vehicle but am disappointed in the mileage. I expected better and I know Toyota can do better! I bought the 5.7 and I'm lucky to get 17 miles on the highway. Also, the fuel tank is too small. Increase the capacity. The truck rides and handles better than the Dodge Diesel I traded in. I like the quality and reliability of this truck and of the 4 runner that my wife drives.

Great Truck!
By Corey on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

First off this is the best truck I have ever owned! tons of power, room and design. who ever doesn't like this truck is simply a huge MORON!

Better than competition
By Mat Leopard on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab LB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I upgraded from a Toyota Tacoma 4.0 V6 to the Tundra 4.6 V8. I got the 4.6 Liter because it was closer to the V6 as far as gas mileage and I wouldn't be sacrificing a lot. The 4.6 L is rated for 15 mpg around town and I am averaging 17 mpg around town. I had to retrain myself how to accelerate and be aware of how I'm driving, but it has made all the difference! Value for dollar, I would pass on the Tacoma any day and go for the Tundra.

Love the durability
By kevin on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have read all the reviews and see where everybody seems to be averaging 15+ MPG on their 5.7. I would love to know what they are doing because my display has topped out at a whopping 13.5 MPG. Is there a secret? I plan on purchasing a cat-back exhaust and air filter system in the future to up my performance and mileage. No regret. Seats family of 5 very comfortably. Got a good deal and hopefully will see this truck through to the end.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Tundra in VA is:

$124 per month*