2009 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
One mean truck
By dgallina on 02/08/11 11:12 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought a used 2009 Tundra Rock Warrior. It is without a doubt the baddest, meanest half-ton truck out there. Toyota knows what they are doing with their TRD and Rock Warrior packages. They're great looking and blow the competition away as far as standard off-road accessories. The engine is a beast, tranny is the smoothest shifting you will find in a half-ton. My buddy's 09' F-150 is like a little fragile mini-truck compared to this tundra. I like the inside, the Rock Warrior came with black cloth and carpet which I think look great.

Tire wear
By mike mahoney on 08/08/10 16:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

i love the truck but the outside edge of the front tires has wore off at 15,000 miles and Toyota says there's nothing wrong with the front end. they have a problem with the tundra and they can't fix it.

Still Happy!
By Nestor on 03/16/10 22:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my truck for almost a year and have been pleased on and off the road. Power is more than plenty and it crept up a steep icy driveway over Christmas. Haven't noticed suspension roughness. Now all I'm worried about it the resale value with the recalls. Resale value was one of the big selling factors for me choosing it over the Ram.

Cross Country Travel
By Mike on 02/06/10 20:16 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Skip the GM-Ford-Mopar, this truck will always have a place in my driveway. Drove from NC to Cal. in 47.5 hrs, the interior comfort was phenomenal, was not tired, sore, or uncomfortable during the trip. Like the tailgate that is shock assisted, so will not slam down, but can also use one finger to push back up. Will keep this for years and replace with another!!

Awesome Truck
By ace on 11/06/09 18:12 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I was impressed with the truck's performance and handling ability from the start. No problems towing. It does bounce a little, but overall rides well and gets about 18mpg. Sheet metal on body seems awful thin.

Best truck EVER!
By JOSHUA on 08/28/09 15:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought the 09 Rock warrior when it first came out in 09. I love this truck! You'll hear a lot of people complain about the ride quality, but ITS A TRUCK PEOPLE, and can TOW 10000 lbs! Its gunna ride a little rough! The power is awesome, matted up to that great 6 speed! I personally like the interior, I like having big nobs and buttons for when I'm up hunting and wearing gloves. Built tough, looks tough, is tough. No regrets.

Samson (his name) Review
By mwildman on 08/01/09 13:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade FFV 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Just love the truck. Had it for a number of months now and have driven short and long distances with it. The FFV is great although you do lose a few miles to the gallon but it's still cheaper to run on. Haven't noticed any ride/performance issues with E85. Had a Dodge truck before and like the Tundra much better. Plan on buying boat and camper in the future so now I'm ready.

Very, Very Nice Truck!
By Robert L on 06/19/09 22:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned this truck for about 2 weeks now, I know it hasn't been long but I think I can give a review by now. Coming from an 08' Titan I can tell you the Toyota is built better. The bed is also deeper, maybe not bigger but deeper for sure. The engine and tranny are extremely smooth. The shifting is great - I can hardly feel! Unfortunately, that's the only thing that is smooth on this truck. The ride is very rough compared to the Titan. The stereo is amazing! Although the black glass looking dash has become a dust magnet.

First Toyota Truck
By Scott on 05/11/09 07:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Traded a 2003 Chevy Silverado with many reliability issues, most resent head gasket leaking anti freeze. I had it with Chevy quality. The new Tundra is a great hauling machine. I am getting just -1 mpg difference than the 5.3L Chevy. Was concerned about the stiff ride mentioned by other reviews but not much of a problem to me! Very quiet interior for a solid truck. I've owned Chevy, GMC, Ford and Dodge trucks, most were good machines but I am very impressed the Tundra.

After First Month
By TMC on 04/29/09 19:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Great Engine and Transmission. Feels Solid and drives great on most roads. Toyota has a real issue with the bed hop problem on concrete roads. Been to dealer twice for this issue. No help from dealer or escalation to Toyota district rep. Seems to be a design problem and Toyota trying to say it is suppose to be that way. No way. I am changing shocks this week, at my expense, to try and address this issue. Hope it helps..

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Tundra Double-cab in VA is:

$125 per month*