Very Satisfied
By Bpa49 on
2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)
Before buying I researched and read reviews about every brand of truck in this class. The Tundra was by far the most vehicle for the money especially after the rebates that were going on in July, 08. The SR5 trim level has all the most common standard features that you would not have on a similar priced Ford or Chevy. Has plenty of power with the 5.7, very comfortable to drive, quiet, and even the gas mileage isn't bad for a 6000 lb 381 hp vehicle. I travel 42 miles per day on the hilly interstates of western PA and average 15.6 mpg. On a 600 mile trip I averaged 18+. Only complaint is sometimes the transmission downshifts a little too easily even going down a moderate hill.
Favorite Features
Large Crew max cab. More back seat room than any 4 door pick up I've seen. Engine power. 6 speed transmission. Only 5200 miles so far but no problems at all.
Suggested Improvements
A little longer bed on the Crew Max model. Running boards standard. I don't really notice much difference with the tow/haul mode when selected as compared to the Ford or Chevy set up. There is a very noticeable difference in the shift points on the Fords the tow/haul mode option.