This puppy has it all
By samuel on
2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)
I had the old tundra with the 281HP (2006) and what a difference the 5.7L is compared. This puppy has what it takes, while I don't tow a lot, I know she has what it takes. Once you start her up, she is ready to go!!! My truck acts like a pit bull on a leash with a poodle walking in front of it. You can feel the power this piece of machine has as you speed up and slow down through the tranny. My truck is barely over a year and a half old and I have about 44k miles on it. Beside oil changes (60 bucks a pop) and the power steering fluid change, nothing has gone wrong. I'm close to buying tires for my 18 inch rims, for 4 tires - firestone wants about 900, and sam's club about 600 for michelins.
Favorite Features
The JBL sound system is something to listen to, the bass is located under the rear seat and packs some thump!!! The clarity of the speakers is awesome to listen when cranked up...just hook up your ipod and take'er to about 80 and it's smooth sailing...bluetooth is also nice to have and play with.
Suggested Improvements
Work on the suspension a tad...when the bed is empty, this sucker will bounce, would be nice to have a comfort control adjustment like my lexus GX470 does, does make a difference. Get rid of that canister for oil changes, my old 55 Chevy hardtop has this, are we going back to the 50's or what?