Nearly Perfect Truck
By sfb452 on
2008 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)
I have almost 14k on the truck and I am more than impressed. I am very demanding of my vehicles and have no tolerance for rattles, design flaws, quality, etc. No disappointments with this truck so far. I have driven the truck in rain, snow and ice. Rarely need 4WD to get around even in the worst conditions. Tons of power, excellent transmission & brakes. Averaging 17.1 combined mpg on new AT tires. Tows like a diesel. Amazingly quite and solid road manners. Unbelievable amount of room in front and rear seats. All of the gadgets (bluetooth, rear camera, nav) work perfectly. I have purchased over a dozen new trucks (all brands gas and diesel). So far, the best truck I have ever owned.
Favorite Features
Powerful, smooth engine. Excellent transmission and brakes. I do not know how I lived without the rear camera or bluetooth. Sunroof and power rear window have also been a pleasure. Tons of room in cab and storage areas throughout the cabin. Incredibly quiet on rough roads and in high winds.
Suggested Improvements
I had one minor dash rattle but fixed in about 5 minutes myself. Stock tires are horrible on anything but dry pavement. Gas gauge is way off. Headroom is tight with SR if over 6'. Homelink buttons do not light up. IPod integration? Paint seems a little less durable. Tailgate feels underbuilt.