It has Detroit Engineers thinking!!!
By hhseguras on
2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
First truck I own, second I've driven (F-150 @ work). Great improvement from the 2006 model: Looks stylish and bold, quiet and roomy interior and of course, Toyota quality built and dependability. I have the 4.7 V8 which can handle more than adequate the loads, nice power for merging quickly on highways (loaded) and excellent braking system. I guess Toyota is going to make a big hole on the sales for the big three. No doubt that the new drive train's performance comes as a result of Toyota's research and investment on its Formula 1 team. That is something that only Ford can possibly match; but by that time the Tundra will have a well earned name in the segment, difficult to beat.
Favorite Features
Power, brakes, styling and yes, MPG: I started getting 16.9 MPG and after the break-in I'm getting 18 MPG and always with the AC on. I guess these numbers are not bad at all for a truck this big.
Suggested Improvements
It needs extensible visor, ride is a little rough on concrete roads (because of the gaps), very cheap plastic on the door handles, minor things a can live with.