2008 Toyota Tundra 5.7L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Impressed

2008 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Review

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Impressed
By skoalie on

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have an 08 DC SR5. Right out of the gate i did a 3 n 1 leveling kit. Makes it look great! Aftermarket 20s with 33x13.5 all terrains. I have loved the truck from the get go. it only gets better as I add more to it. I am getting 15.5 mpg on the new england roads. I despise the VSC but I am told the sway bar will help eliminate the frustration I have with it. My brother who has only had cars was impressed with the smoothness of the ride (we had 2 sportbikes in the bed and were at 80 on the highway). My girlfriend/wife loved it some much that she bought a DC limited. Being a full size Chevy guy my whole life I have been truly impressed.

Favorite Features

Power! Power! Power! Find it comfortable. Ample room. Storage is great! Mpg is better than expected but would love even more! Who wouldn't? tailgate is great, especially next to my friends Ford! But it could use some extra strength.

Suggested Improvements

VSC annoys me! I am a sportbike guy so I want smooth fast corners even if it is my truck! No auto lights on SR5.