2008 Toyota Tundra Consumer Review: Great Truck But...

2008 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Review

Limited CrewMax Cab (5.7L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed)

Great Truck But...
By Katzat on

2008 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Picked up the truck a week ago and have put 300 miles on it. The interior comfort is outstanding although I am 6'2" tall, and my head is almost on the ceiling. Seats are far better than previous models and far more comfortable than the competitors I looked at. The rear seat area is huge and plenty comfortable even for me. Interior quality seems better than previous models and offers a quiet ride. The ride has impressed even my wife, and she loves to drive it. The power is noticeable and I am sure it will tow the boat effortlessly. 15 mpg in burbs, but should improve with break in. I am concerned about the quality of the paint as it does not seem to be nearly as good as our 2004 Sequoia

Seats, power, driving characteristics, interior quality, memory seats (finally), soft drop on tailgate. Hoping for same quality we have enjoyed with previous Toyota.

Paint finish quality seems pretty thin - - hope it lasts. The integration of the DVD system with the main Entertainment system was better on our 2004 Sequoia -- wish it was the same. Miss the old subdued frumpy look -- new "BOLD" exterior styling looks better on a Dodge.