2008 Toyota Tundra Consumer Review: Good truck but not up to the h

2008 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Review

SR5 Double Cab (5.7L V8 6-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

Good truck but not up to the hype
By john on

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I honestly can say that this truck out accelerates (barely) my 400+ hp modded dodge hemi similarly equipped featurewise, no doubt due to its 4.51 rear gear ratio which seems to get overlooked in comparison tests as the main reason it's so quick. As far as handling the steering felt looser than my ram which has 80000 miles and the brakes were softer than I expected. Overall it's a nice truck but it's not my style inside or out and if I ever tow 10000 pounds on a regular basis I'll be driving a diesel.

Engine is powerful and refined, trans shifts Nice not to harsh but not Cadillac smooth a happy medium. Quiet inside, plush ride for a truck with a 10,000 Pound towing capacity.

Driver's seat is too high feels like it was from a different vehicle. Feels unstable in quick maneuvers, too big on the outside and some buttons are unusually placed on the dash. Overall it's a worthy competitor to any truck and gets two thumbs up from me but not the end all be all it's made out to be.