Fundra!
By Randy on
2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)
I did a lot of research and read many reviews before buying. Many complained about mileage, I have been getting 17.5 mpg on average with "mostly" responsible city driving. For a large v8 truck I feel that is great. The fuel guage drops quickly from full but slows as the level gets lower, and like every other review, when the light comes on there is 4-6 gallons left. The truck is very quiet inside and comfortable with ample room and storage. A/C and radio controls seem far away, the grade radio is less than desireable. Tow mirrors are good but add minor wind noise. Overall I am extremely happy. It's not a super duty, but it's an excellent truck and fun too.
Favorite Features
Power, the 5.7 is more efficient than the 4.7, but both are great. Fold down center console/seat, very versatile. Quiet cabin and great fuel mileage for a truck make it a nice driver. The ride is compliant (non trd models) but still handles heavy loads well. Dual glove boxes and tons of storage.
Suggested Improvements
Tighter steering on highway, rough roads make it SEEM as though it wants to dart around, although it is very stable.Better base radio,struggles to pick up local stations. Despite the few complaints, this is my work truck/daily driver, and It makes me look forward to driving, even to work.