Used 2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

I like this truck so far 2008 tundra
By Leon Garray

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2006 silverado for a 2008 tundra, one of the best thing I did. I feel I'm driving a real truck the comfort is great, the power is there when you need it V8, I get 300 miles on a full tank using premium fuel. The only negative feed back I have is there's a few blind spot other wise it's a good truck. I've owned this truck for one month...

Favorite Features

comfort and exterior look

Suggested Improvements

one thing I miss from my silverado which was the bottom of the line was having the radio control feature on the steering wheel

Bigger Gas Tank
By Carlos

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Since this Tundra 4x4 5.7 is a V8 and makes an average 14miles per gallon is SHOULD HAVE a bigger gas tank or a secondary gas tank so the truck may have more gas station independence, I hate to stop to fill up the thank every 250 miles. Pls take a note on this. The springs are too soft for heavy loads. But overall this is a great "get out of my way" looking monster which I am proud to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger gas tank or an additional one. Stronger spring for heavy loads.

Awesome power
By John

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

What a great truck this is! We have had trucks from all the majors, just recently had an 03 F250 diesel. Then come our Tundra and all I can say is WOW. The powertrain in this thing is great, sleek styling lines, tow capabilities and Toyota quality is what sold us. The interior plastics could be better, ride can get a little funky over expansion joints at high speeds. In 6 months been into dealer for squealing belt twice, under warranty. We live in a GM town, and have always tried to drive something different. All the Chevys and Gmc's tend to all look alike and there are lots of them around. Can't wait to tow our camper this year.

Favorite Features

Great powertrain, unique styling and tow capability.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the bed bounce, improve interior plastics.

No Regrets
By Big Sky

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

No other half ton can match this beast. From the style to every detail is what a modern day truck owner would want. My previous truck was a Nissan Titan. It was a decent truck until I got behind the wheel of a new Tundra. They pulled out all of the stops. Great job Toyota. Gas mileage is not bad, but hey its a truck not a hybrid. A+

Favorite Features

6 Speed transmission, huge horsepower, great brakes. High towing level, all interior pieces are at your fingertips.

Suggested Improvements

Include a spray in bedliner. And make the anchors Steel instead of plastic.

Best and most honest review you will get
By Kyle Ginder

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I work in the plant that builds the Tundras so I know a lot about them and plus I just bought one a few months ago so I am going to be as honest as I can be about it. Overall the Tundra is a great truck but like all other vehicles it could have some improvements. But Toyota does a lot of things to there vehicles that the domestic companies do not do like Toyota puts sealer on the edge door seams to keep from rusting and spray pvc under the vehicle and in the wheels wells to reduce road noise and to prevent rust, sprays antichip along rocker panels to prevent rock chips. I think all of these extra little things add up and is what makes Toyotas good reputation.

Favorite Features

Tailgate assist, design of exterior, comfortable seats, nice responsive engine, quiet cabin, lots of storage compartments, interior has lots of head and leg room, sharp turn radius, bright headlights

Suggested Improvements

Radio antenna in windshield, little less plastic in interior, make front grille stainless steel instead of black plastic, make automatic headlights a standard, make oil filter easier to access, possibly improvement on ride comfort