2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Transmission Stinks
By Miker on 06/03/08 04:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I've now owned brand new Fords, Chevys and this Toyota. The Chevy was the most comfortable, but had terrible brakes. The Ford had the worst gas mileage and the Toyota is about to get traded for the most annoying transmission in the world! That downshifting is ridiculous!! Who are they kidding, this is not the Toyota of 10 years ago. I won't buy another.

Fundra!
By Randy on 05/31/08 21:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I did a lot of research and read many reviews before buying. Many complained about mileage, I have been getting 17.5 mpg on average with "mostly" responsible city driving. For a large v8 truck I feel that is great. The fuel guage drops quickly from full but slows as the level gets lower, and like every other review, when the light comes on there is 4-6 gallons left. The truck is very quiet inside and comfortable with ample room and storage. A/C and radio controls seem far away, the grade radio is less than desireable. Tow mirrors are good but add minor wind noise. Overall I am extremely happy. It's not a super duty, but it's an excellent truck and fun too.

08 Limited 5.7L
By TruckGuy on 05/14/08 13:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I love this truck. I had a 2003 Tundra before this which was admittedly a little small and not powerful enough. Well the new design rocks. It definitely drives more like a full size truck, similar to F-150 or Silverado. The power is awesome, fantastic for towing, and has a great big bed with optional tie downs. Build quality is excellent, as you would expect, and I have had zero issues, not even a rattle in 10k miles. If you are considering a Detroit truck, you owe it to yourself to test drive the Tundra.

Miles ahead of 2005 F-150
By stu on 05/10/08 12:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very disappointed with the brakes on my 2005 Ford F-150 XLT. I had test driven a couple of 08 Tundras in the past year and a half and I was very impressed with the feel and the power of Toyotas brakes. They are awesome! When you want to stop you stop! With the Ford I was always a little apprehensive with the brakes, always anticipating an early stop and even when I would plan ahead I always felt that they were unsafe. Well I have to tell you after 4 Ford trucks Ford has lost me as a customer.

Buy the best forget the rest
By jmarquez on 04/19/08 12:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Having owned all of the big three trucks and an older Toyota Tundra, I will say that the new 08 Tundra is the best truck I have ever owned. It can do it all and combined with Toyota quality and great service it's a winner. Great brakes, power, towing and lots of room. This truck is great to drive, tow and is fun off road in 4x4.

2008 Toyota Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
By Great White on 04/15/08 22:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

A very well built truck. Comfortable suspension with the necessary power to get the job done. Advice: test drive both the 5.7 vs. 4.7 and you decide the perfect HP needed for your lifestyle. I'm satified with my 4.7 with a tow package and it carries the ponies! Yet if cost is not an issue 5.7 is the best choice.

Awesome truck, terrible mpg.
By TundraHorn on 04/14/08 20:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is amazing, I've heard people talk about the kick in the engine, but I only feel it when I put it into reverse.... it kicks HARD!! But Toyota sure has gotten tougher, it cost me, but it's worth the reliability and customer service.

Bought the best
By 1972ck on 04/04/08 19:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The new Tundra in my humble opinion is the best fullsized truck on the market. Fantastic power, turning radius, styling and capabilities. Toyota has finally hit the mark w/ this all new Tundra. It drives like a car. Precise handling and whisper quiet.

Good truck but not up to the hype
By john on 04/02/08 18:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I honestly can say that this truck out accelerates (barely) my 400+ hp modded dodge hemi similarly equipped featurewise, no doubt due to its 4.51 rear gear ratio which seems to get overlooked in comparison tests as the main reason it's so quick. As far as handling the steering felt looser than my ram which has 80000 miles and the brakes were softer than I expected. Overall it's a nice truck but it's not my style inside or out and if I ever tow 10000 pounds on a regular basis I'll be driving a diesel.

Great Truck
By Dusty on 03/29/08 10:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Traded in my 2003 Reg. cab Tundra for the Dbl cab 5.7L - what an upgrade! Excellent truck to drive for work or pleasure. I did search around and compared other trucks, but still kept comiing back to Toyota's standards of quality and reliability. I'm 6'5" and can comfortably sit in the rear seats. The power is exceptional.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.