2008 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews 8

2008 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Great truck
By nancyjo on 12/11/08 12:51 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have only been on a few road trips, but I love my truck! I am a Toyota girl and with vehicles like these, I will always be loyal. This truck drives very smoothly and quiet. The stereo is great. There is a ton of room.

Overall A Great Truck
By JAG on 12/10/08 21:04 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I owned a Ridgeline before this one but that would be tough to compare because they are made different and there is plus and minus in both, but they are the 2 best quality built trucks on the market the ones that down talk them don't know what a truck is all about or they just have bad luck and trust me as far a gas mileage a lot of people exaggerate about it. I have a heavy foot and I do mostly in town driving and I get about 14 to 15 which is not bad for a V8. I've owned a 97 Ford F150 ext. cab 4.6 V8 and a 04 Chevy Trailblazer ext. with a 6cy. that got worse and all of the other brands have a lot more problems.

Better gas mileage
By Bend Frank on 12/04/08 16:33 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I traded my 2005 Tundra for a 2008 Tundra so we could tow a travel trailer. We have the trailer, but have not had it on the road yet. However, careful recording of fuel consumption (not towing) reveals that we get nearly 18 MPG on the highway, and 17 around town, which is quite a bit better than the older Tundra. The new one has the 5.7 liter V8. Bring the trailer home over The Cascades, the truck had no problem maintaining speed up the steep grade to Government Camp on Mt. Hood, although we are restricted to 50 mph for the first 500 miles of towing. We're very satisfied with the truck.

Toyota Tundra
By jamesmcc on 11/30/08 08:21 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Only 100 miles! Nice so far, no bed bounce on 66 which is a concrete highway. Lots of power, interior is nice but some unusual nooks and storage places. Bluetooth and navigation are great as is the sound system. It is a big truck, will take some getting used too. Gas mileage is around 15 mpg so far. No weird rattles or vibration yet.

Had them all, this is the best
By mike on 11/28/08 21:41 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Fuel economy: we all would like 100 mpg but this is a truck and economy is better than any full size truck I have owned. Interior: I forego pretty for functional this truck is functional. Ride: if you never go off road or plan to push this truck to its load limits pass on the off road package. Love my truck: quality, fit, finish, win win win. If you need a truck this is it, if you don't but just want a truck do your home work and understand how the package you're paying for will effect the ride and handling, but this truck will have a trim level you will be happy with. Sorry but this truck blew away my beloved red ram!

Very Satisfied
By Bpa49 on 11/22/08 17:17 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Before buying I researched and read reviews about every brand of truck in this class. The Tundra was by far the most vehicle for the money especially after the rebates that were going on in July, 08. The SR5 trim level has all the most common standard features that you would not have on a similar priced Ford or Chevy. Has plenty of power with the 5.7, very comfortable to drive, quiet, and even the gas mileage isn't bad for a 6000 lb 381 hp vehicle. I travel 42 miles per day on the hilly interstates of western PA and average 15.6 mpg. On a 600 mile trip I averaged 18+. Only complaint is sometimes the transmission downshifts a little too easily even going down a moderate hill.

Worst Truck Ever Owned
By Kevin S on 11/21/08 15:50 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I'm 50 years old, professional with my own business, and I've owned a truck from every full size truck manufacturer at one time or another. This truck is THE WORST, MOST UNRELIABLE truck I have ever owned. My last trouble truck was a Dodge, and I would give anything to get that truck back, as the troubles with that Dodge pale in comparison. I've had the Toyota less than a year, and it is up for sale (I wanted to keep it at least 5 years). Issues so far: Brakes, transmission, torque converter, windshield leaks, constant "check engine" light, reverse lights quit working, transfer case leaks.

Impressed
By skoalie on 11/17/08 21:28 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have an 08 DC SR5. Right out of the gate i did a 3 n 1 leveling kit. Makes it look great! Aftermarket 20s with 33x13.5 all terrains. I have loved the truck from the get go. it only gets better as I add more to it. I am getting 15.5 mpg on the new england roads. I despise the VSC but I am told the sway bar will help eliminate the frustration I have with it. My brother who has only had cars was impressed with the smoothness of the ride (we had 2 sportbikes in the bed and were at 80 on the highway). My girlfriend/wife loved it some much that she bought a DC limited. Being a full size Chevy guy my whole life I have been truly impressed.

Great Truck
By Marlin on 11/14/08 14:52 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Great truck! The other makers do not compare. If you're looking for great gas mileage this is not your truck. If you're looking for reliability, resale value, power and looks this is your truck. With only 1000 miles im getting 15 mpg hwy and city.

A Great Truck
By Tlane on 11/07/08 14:09 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Wow! I love my Tundra. I have owned Ford trucks all my life - they are good trucks, but they don't match this Toyota. It pulls my 5000 lb 21 ft boat through the CO mountains like its not even back there. It is far superior to my previous F150 5.4 L for towing as far as power, stopping ability, and vehicle control. It does 60 mph plus on any of the grades where my F150 struggled along 38-42 mph in first or second gear. Its down right fast when I'm not towing. So far I'm getting 11.9 MPG towing the boat in the mountains and 17.5 commuting and around town. I can understand how people get lower mileage though, its fun to jump on the gas to see if it really does do 0-60 in 6 sec.