Used 2008 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Tundra

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Typical Toyota!
By CanGuy

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I found a used one and bought it. Goes like hell, rides nice, quiet, great looking, functional, fun and for the most part is built very well. Wouldn't have considered any other make, especially now that they are no longer cheaper up here in Canada. Toyota will always be my only choice unless they prove me otherwise!

Favorite Features

Motor, drivetrain, looks, function....pretty much love everything about it. Like any new vehicle it took a few weeks to grow on me but now I understand it. 4WD provides great traction when being used.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of that antenna, equip with access friendly oil filter, plastic front bumper assembly is a touch cheezy. Traction control works well but can be annoying at times.

Exceptional! Power, MPG, 4x4, Comfort
By scott

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Exceptional value for $27,200 for a new 2008 Tundra DC 5.7L 4WD bench seat long bed! This truck has taken me where only jeeps can go (major 4x4 trails) and got me back. Zero maintenance problems. 18 MPG on highway! I can seat 6 comfortably. Handicapped wife sleeps on back bench no problem! Power is amazing for stock. Tows 20' camper trailer as if it isn't even there! Note- I don't work for Toyota, I just LOVE the truck!

Favorite Features

Power, 4x4, comfort, seating, MPG, stereo, space in cab, pulls great, incredible breaking under tow and normal, bench seat!

Suggested Improvements

None.

Poor Towing Truck
By Keith

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck has too much plastic for the money. It does look good. The TRD Package truck has towing issues. My truck cant seems to find the right gear to tow my 5500 trailer. It wont go it 5th gear in auto mode but can be shifted to 5th gear manually and stays there. The dealership doesn't have a clue and says no problem with truck. The field rep says I see the issue but there's nothing that can be changed out to fix it. The company headquarters says no problem exists and file for a 3rd party ruling to determine if they have to buy it back. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER TOYOTA TRUCK. P.S. I have talked to other TRD package owners and some have the same issue.

Favorite Features

Looks

Suggested Improvements

Towing issues

Great truck wish I could buy another
By Bill

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased the truck brand new in January 2008. So far I've done some light to moderate towing with it, driven it on a few trips, and I have to say it's very comfortable to drive, tons of room, tows great, and pretty good gas mileage running around empty on trips. Average 16mpg city/22mpg highway. Bought a Toyota because of the reliability and because it's built in the USA. I have no complaints about the truck. At 25,000 miles and 0 issues it sure beats the Chevy I used to own.

One Tough Truck
By Buildn

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have purchased a certified preowned Tundra SR5, 4x4, TRD, Double Cab. This truck only had 10,000 miles on it! Can't beat Toyota quality, Used to own a 2000 year Toyota Tundra. What helped with the decision is Toyota offered a 7 year 100,000 bumper to bumper warranty! It was a no brainer. This 08 is actually a lot of fun to drive!

Favorite Features

TRD, 5.7 liter V8, 0-60 time is incredible. Safety features, well thought out interior.