2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
A Great Truck
By Tlane on 11/07/08 14:09 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Wow! I love my Tundra. I have owned Ford trucks all my life - they are good trucks, but they don't match this Toyota. It pulls my 5000 lb 21 ft boat through the CO mountains like its not even back there. It is far superior to my previous F150 5.4 L for towing as far as power, stopping ability, and vehicle control. It does 60 mph plus on any of the grades where my F150 struggled along 38-42 mph in first or second gear. Its down right fast when I'm not towing. So far I'm getting 11.9 MPG towing the boat in the mountains and 17.5 commuting and around town. I can understand how people get lower mileage though, its fun to jump on the gas to see if it really does do 0-60 in 6 sec.

What a truck, amazing
By morsnow on 10/31/08 21:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

My first Tundra was a 2000 SR5 and after 8 years of faithful service I traded up to a 2008 DC, 4X4, LTD, TRD. The new Tundra is amazing, powerful, rides good, smooth and quiet. Lots of room for the family and can haul anything you want. I am getting 15 mpg in town and over 20 mpg on the highway which is way better than my 00. The JBL sounds great and its nice having the Bluetooth wireless for my cell. The brakes are impressive and can stop it on a dime. I have the TRD sway bar on the rear and it handles like a sports car. If you are in the market for a full size truck you need to take a close look at the new Tundra.

A harsh ride
By back apin on 10/21/08 11:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I had my tundra for a month now and wish I had rented one before purchasing. The ride is harsh and the leather seats are not shaped for leg comfort at least in the front. The performance is great the body style is nice to look at, and yes the gas mileage is around 13.5 mpg but that's not bad for the horse power.

Very Good Truck
By Sean on 09/25/08 06:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have put about 11000 miles on this since March 08. The engine, ride, handling, and capability are all excellent. It tows without any issues at all. I have only had two warranty issues so far, the radio and interior support pillar trim. It seems that when the dash gets HOT from the sun the trim sometimes moves out of place and warps. The transmission seems to have a mind of its own, it shifts how and when it wants to, it does not seem to be learning. Sometimes it is smooth and I can hardly feel it shift and other times it will slam the truck in gear. I am having it road tested on the next service and the transmission computer may have to be reset (according to the dealer).

2008 Toyota Tundra V6 SB
By Maria on 09/19/08 08:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

First brand new vehicle I've ever owned. I bought the v6 for the better gas mileage. I don't need to haul anything so the v6 was the better option. So far everything is great, except the radio seems to have a mind of its own sometimes. The dealer is ordering a new radio. The dealer said there have been problems with the radios. Very smooth ride for a pick up. Drives like a car. Plenty of room. Love the seating for 6.

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5
By The Needle on 08/26/08 21:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

My experience so far is that this is an OK truck. All windows are very small and obstruct views, especially the rear windows. Rear seating on my Extended cab is VERY uncomfortable on long trips. Gas mileage is miserable: around 14mpg with half city and hwy. Nice feature on the tundra is the rear video cam, but that's 'cause you'll need it. Also the interior is cheap.

3rd great tundra
By mcs-m on 08/23/08 17:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

3rd tundra, first one was an 00 sr5 reg. cab., long box 4wd. 2nd one was an 05 reg cab long box 4wd, which was used heavily this last year in Wisconsin's cruddy winter. The 4wd held up fine after a beating. The new tundra rides nice (a bit more jittery than the 05, 00) but has great room inside. It was really hard to find int. wipers and cruise control in this model, looks like a ploy to have everyone buy the sr5.

Awesome tow vehicle
By Mark on 08/21/08 06:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The 2008 Tundra is a fantastically well engineered vehicle. I use it to tow a large 2 horse BP trailer (loaded weight approximately 6700 lbs./ 600 lbs. tongue weight) to and from horse shows from Pennsylvania to Maine. It tows comfortably and most importantly safely. Fuel mileage while towing at interstate speeds is 11.5 mpg, non- towing 17.5 mpg. Very respectable fuel economy for this type of truck. Additionally I get positive comments everywhere I go on how nice the truck looks fitted with a Leer 100XL cap. I highly recommend this truck for towing & hauling.

First Truck/Best Truck
By JOG on 08/20/08 17:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I am 47 yrs old, this is my first truck, so you know I have done my home work before purchasing. Very impress to say the least. The new Tundra beat all the other trucks in its class in every category. After owning a 2001 C5 Vette for three years, it's kinda hard to give up speed all together. My vette did 0-60 in 5.3 seconds, but imagine a 7000 lb truck going 0-60 in 6.0 seconds. I LOVE IT!! I put some 22" U2 chrome wheels, added side bars, tinted my windows, bedliner and exhaust chrome tip. What a good looking Tundra!

Great truck for the price
By kayleigh on 08/17/08 13:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is amazing for the price! They have all kinds of colors and models. I've got a Toyota tundra double cab with runners on the side, tundra mat in the bed. I just traded in my 2008 Toyota Tacoma for this truck and the tundra is so much better. Has way more room and is comfortable.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.