Used 2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Can't wait to jump in and drive
By AOD

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I am 42 and I have owned 51 vehicles since 1984. I always thought Toyota had a bland design so I never bought until 2007. Now I LOVE Toyota. Seems all their efforts go into the important aspects of a vehicle, not "bells and whistles" I am so JACKED about my new Tundra and struggle to find anything significantly wrong. Just LOVE the Tundra!!!

Rides like a Caddy. Great ground clearance. Roomy interior. Ability to tow.

Stock tires not so good. Stick antenna (should be integrated in window). Why does a Corolla have an integrated key and the Tundra does not???

Tundra Crew Max SR5
By Frank Aparo

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Good truck I have had Chevrolet / Dodge this my first Toyota. Great engine I have got 21 MPG with the big engine key is to use the cruise and leave it at 70 MPH. I also use either Mobil 1 or Valvoline Synthetic which helps a little. I wish Toyota had the compass in the SR5 package. Visibility is the worst of any truck I have had big blind spots could be fixed with split mirrors, but I did not want the towing mirrors. I bought the CrewMax for the rear leg room it is by far the biggest rear seat room cab. I am amazed that to change the oil the skid plate must be removed. I work for an automotive supplier and we supply all of the big 3 and transplants Toyota has the toughest specs.

CrewMax rear seat room

Compass on the SR5 package, better visibility with windows that are lower in the side panels for better site lines when passing. Oil filter access panel

Nearly Perfect Truck
By sfb452

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have almost 14k on the truck and I am more than impressed. I am very demanding of my vehicles and have no tolerance for rattles, design flaws, quality, etc. No disappointments with this truck so far. I have driven the truck in rain, snow and ice. Rarely need 4WD to get around even in the worst conditions. Tons of power, excellent transmission & brakes. Averaging 17.1 combined mpg on new AT tires. Tows like a diesel. Amazingly quite and solid road manners. Unbelievable amount of room in front and rear seats. All of the gadgets (bluetooth, rear camera, nav) work perfectly. I have purchased over a dozen new trucks (all brands gas and diesel). So far, the best truck I have ever owned.

Powerful, smooth engine. Excellent transmission and brakes. I do not know how I lived without the rear camera or bluetooth. Sunroof and power rear window have also been a pleasure. Tons of room in cab and storage areas throughout the cabin. Incredibly quiet on rough roads and in high winds.

I had one minor dash rattle but fixed in about 5 minutes myself. Stock tires are horrible on anything but dry pavement. Gas gauge is way off. Headroom is tight with SR if over 6'. Homelink buttons do not light up. IPod integration? Paint seems a little less durable. Tailgate feels underbuilt.

My Toyota
By Mike

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We have a Travel Trailer - about 6,800LBS and do some serious hills Santa Cruz Mountians and such. The ride is very nice - lots of power on demand. I have to say my Jayco G2 - if not for my rear view its like its not behind me. The NAV and Radio are a little bit of a reach. The seats could use more of a wrap around lumbar support. Other then that - I really love the truck. I have every option you can get!

Like the rear window opening. Also the seats (have the tan leather) very clean finish easy to use. Bluetooth for the phone. The radio rocks! The sonar alarms are nice as well.

Like the seats to have more of a wrap around the sides in the lower lumbar. Also - they could go down lower they seem to sit rather high even if you adjust them down. Also like to see something like On-Star.

Overall A Great Truck
By JAG

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I owned a Ridgeline before this one but that would be tough to compare because they are made different and there is plus and minus in both, but they are the 2 best quality built trucks on the market the ones that down talk them don't know what a truck is all about or they just have bad luck and trust me as far a gas mileage a lot of people exaggerate about it. I have a heavy foot and I do mostly in town driving and I get about 14 to 15 which is not bad for a V8. I've owned a 97 Ford F150 ext. cab 4.6 V8 and a 04 Chevy Trailblazer ext. with a 6cy. that got worse and all of the other brands have a lot more problems.

Lots of interior room. Lots of power. Made well compared to many others

Go back to using more brass plated screws, you won't see any rust on them.