2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
2008 Tundra Crewmax 5.7 Grade SB
By mace69 on 06/17/08 08:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Soooo happy with this purchase. Space for 3 growing boys on long trips, ease of towing large RV trailer, budget, and safety were our main criteria for this purchase. We custom ordered a Grade (which is exceptionally equipped for a base model). Love it, love it, love it! Get 16-18 MPG when not hauling, much better than the 12-14 on my last Ford F-150 Crew. Really wanted head restraints and shoulder belts in all 3 rear seats for safety. Leave it to Toyota to also provide the only front bench seat with foldable middle seat (for armrest) or passsenger seat that also has shoulder belt and head restraint.

Big Dissappointment
By Mr. Toyota on 05/24/08 10:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I got this truck because of Toyota's reputation for quality and a bit of over excitement. I should have done my homework. There are numerous areas for major improvement with this truck. The thing is just not solid. The bed and especially the tailgate is cheaply manufactured. The thing that annoys me most is that since I got the factory installed trailering package they changed the axle ratio so now I get no where near the EPA estimated miles per gallon, which is dismal anyway.

Totally rocks
By rob on 05/18/08 19:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned 2 Chevys and was headed towards an F-150 when I saw a review on the Tundra. I was upgrading to a 4 door and was looking for a family adventure vehicle with lots of space and the ability to get our gear in to the mountains. I drove the Crewmax Limited and bought it on the spot. The engine and transmission are powerful and silky smooth. The TRD package has everything you need to feel secure off road. The seating is extremely comfortable which was a major selling point and the cabin is almost dead quiet.This is a serious truck without a bone jaring truck feel. I've talked to several other serious truck users who have owned every brand.They agree the Tundra is the best they have owned

Great Truck But...
By Katzat on 05/13/08 05:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Picked up the truck a week ago and have put 300 miles on it. The interior comfort is outstanding although I am 6'2" tall, and my head is almost on the ceiling. Seats are far better than previous models and far more comfortable than the competitors I looked at. The rear seat area is huge and plenty comfortable even for me. Interior quality seems better than previous models and offers a quiet ride. The ride has impressed even my wife, and she loves to drive it. The power is noticeable and I am sure it will tow the boat effortlessly. 15 mpg in burbs, but should improve with break in. I am concerned about the quality of the paint as it does not seem to be nearly as good as our 2004 Sequoia

Monster Truck
By Huntmachine on 04/07/08 11:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is truly awesome. I drove the half ton version of Ford, Chevy, and GMC. I had my heart set on the GMC until I drove the Toyota. It absolutely blew the others away in every category (smooth, fast and powerful, great room, great specs, great looking). It is a night and day difference when you drive them all back to back.

Love my Bully
By Joe on 03/27/08 23:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Love this truck extremely. Had an 04 tacoma with trd package, kinda rough. Traded that in for an 06 tundra 4dr. with the TSS package. When I read about the new tundras with the 5.7, went to test drive one. Loved the power. So in feb. 08, went in and came out with an 08 Limited with the TSS package. Had to get used to the auto tilt, and telescopic steering wheel.

Scary fast and comfort!
By Jason on 03/17/08 09:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Downsizing from a 2500 diesel to this was easy. The cab room was awesome and the truck will move even with a load. No need for a 2500 with this truck and handles like a car. Completely impressed with the quality and the safety extra's Toyota puts in their products stock!

Love the new Tundra
By Tundra Crew on 03/11/08 11:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Had an 06 Tundra which I didnít care for too much and traded for an 07 Tacoma that I loved. After buying my wife a new Highlander the dealership made me an offer I couldnít refuse on a new Tundra, and I love it. By far the best truck out there. Standard features are amazing, donít really need to add much to it to make it the perfect truck. I got 20 MPG on the highway coming home, you canít go wrong.

TRUCK of the YEAR
By Bart on 02/24/08 18:31 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Test drove every truck in its class, and have to say that this is the full package. The best truck out there for the money. It blows every one of the other trucks out of the water. It comes with so many standard and safety features that with the other trucks if you added the same options they would cost more. I'm very happy with the purchase and I just recommend that everyone test drive the Tundra and you will see why it is TRUCK of the YEAR!!!

Love this Truck!
By Will on 02/06/08 17:42 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is the best truck in its class! For 3 months I researched, test-drove, and priced everything in its class and came away knowing that the new Tundra was the best choice. The powerful engine, smooth transmission, cavernous interior, and quiet ride puts this truck in a class of its own. With the 6-speed my Tundra gets better mileage than a friend's '07 5.4L F150.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.