2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Great truck but...
By cjcanu01 on 07/25/09 14:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Awesome truck over all. The dashboard is quite noisy in the colder months due to plastic. The quality of the body material is terrible. You can literally leave a dent in the truck if you smack it w/ your hand...this is not "truck" quality. I worry that the truck will look several years older than it actually is in just 3 years due to the poor quality body panels and paint.

Strong Truck
By Nam on 07/09/09 13:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I've had my 5.7L for about a year and will exceed 25K miles this year. This is a well-made vehicle. It replaced my 05 F250 diesel. Now this is no F250, but I do pull 6000 pounds with it and it's pretty good. Without the trailer it's just plain fun to drive. Of course mashing the accelerator cost you lots of money because the fuel mileage is pretty poor. I'm mostly highway and I average around 16 mpg. The price I got a year ago was incredible. This is a whole lot of truck for the money. Only real complaint I have on this truck is the paint. It's very thin and scratches very easily. This is a common complaint of the Toyota Truck Forums.

Another Great American Made Toyota
By J. Jones on 06/29/09 05:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

After waiting for two years to purchase a 2nd Gen Tundra, I finally got a good deal in 12/08 on a TRD/4X4/Dbl Cab, when gas climbed to $4.00 a gallon. It was well worth the wait. I have not driven the truck that much, and just went through the first tank of gas. I was blown away when my calculations showed 21.7 mpg in combo city/highway driving (my 04 Camry gets 28 mpg). The Tundra has tons of power, space, and is a delight to drive. If you want to buy American, buy a Tundra, because it is made here in the USA by Americans in the Great State of Texas.

Conflicted.
By VictorV. on 06/23/09 00:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

My first choice was a 2009 Ford F150, but could not make a deal. Bought my Tundra in Monterey, Ca and drove her home to Las Vegas, NV. I drove my truck through a multitude of highways, and this is what I learned. More power than I will ever need. Going up the grade past Baker, CA, the Tundra did not break a sweat. Drive was smooth and comfortable, but, pay attention here, there is bed bounce. Just on certain type of roads, not enough to get rid of the truck (my Dodge Ram had the same issue) but it might cause other drivers fits. Very quiet truck, cannot hear roadnoise. All in all, the best bang for the buck in its segment.

A must drive truck!!
By Oscar on 06/22/09 11:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Powerful truck with an amazing Intelligent technology, it wont get stuck in the mud. Trust me, I have regular tires in mine and I had to go though mud and dirt and this truck just goes by like it's nothing. Good warranty, powerful, nice design. The only bad things are the seats are a lil too hard but not big deal, If you want a tough truck this is the one. I love mine.

I like this truck so far 2008 tundra
By Leon Garray on 05/09/09 14:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2006 silverado for a 2008 tundra, one of the best thing I did. I feel I'm driving a real truck the comfort is great, the power is there when you need it V8, I get 300 miles on a full tank using premium fuel. The only negative feed back I have is there's a few blind spot other wise it's a good truck. I've owned this truck for one month...

Bigger Gas Tank
By Carlos on 04/24/09 19:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Since this Tundra 4x4 5.7 is a V8 and makes an average 14miles per gallon is SHOULD HAVE a bigger gas tank or a secondary gas tank so the truck may have more gas station independence, I hate to stop to fill up the thank every 250 miles. Pls take a note on this. The springs are too soft for heavy loads. But overall this is a great "get out of my way" looking monster which I am proud to drive.

Awesome power
By John on 03/27/09 05:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

What a great truck this is! We have had trucks from all the majors, just recently had an 03 F250 diesel. Then come our Tundra and all I can say is WOW. The powertrain in this thing is great, sleek styling lines, tow capabilities and Toyota quality is what sold us. The interior plastics could be better, ride can get a little funky over expansion joints at high speeds. In 6 months been into dealer for squealing belt twice, under warranty. We live in a GM town, and have always tried to drive something different. All the Chevys and Gmc's tend to all look alike and there are lots of them around. Can't wait to tow our camper this year.

No Regrets
By Big Sky on 03/18/09 23:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

No other half ton can match this beast. From the style to every detail is what a modern day truck owner would want. My previous truck was a Nissan Titan. It was a decent truck until I got behind the wheel of a new Tundra. They pulled out all of the stops. Great job Toyota. Gas mileage is not bad, but hey its a truck not a hybrid. A+

Best and most honest review you will get
By Kyle Ginder on 03/14/09 04:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I work in the plant that builds the Tundras so I know a lot about them and plus I just bought one a few months ago so I am going to be as honest as I can be about it. Overall the Tundra is a great truck but like all other vehicles it could have some improvements. But Toyota does a lot of things to there vehicles that the domestic companies do not do like Toyota puts sealer on the edge door seams to keep from rusting and spray pvc under the vehicle and in the wheels wells to reduce road noise and to prevent rust, sprays antichip along rocker panels to prevent rock chips. I think all of these extra little things add up and is what makes Toyotas good reputation.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.