2008 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Typical Toyota!
By CanGuy on 12/17/09 22:06 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I found a used one and bought it. Goes like hell, rides nice, quiet, great looking, functional, fun and for the most part is built very well. Wouldn't have considered any other make, especially now that they are no longer cheaper up here in Canada. Toyota will always be my only choice unless they prove me otherwise!

Exceptional! Power, MPG, 4x4, Comfort
By scott on 11/30/09 08:20 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Exceptional value for $27,200 for a new 2008 Tundra DC 5.7L 4WD bench seat long bed! This truck has taken me where only jeeps can go (major 4x4 trails) and got me back. Zero maintenance problems. 18 MPG on highway! I can seat 6 comfortably. Handicapped wife sleeps on back bench no problem! Power is amazing for stock. Tows 20' camper trailer as if it isn't even there! Note- I don't work for Toyota, I just LOVE the truck!

Poor Towing Truck
By Keith on 11/19/09 04:43 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck has too much plastic for the money. It does look good. The TRD Package truck has towing issues. My truck cant seems to find the right gear to tow my 5500 trailer. It wont go it 5th gear in auto mode but can be shifted to 5th gear manually and stays there. The dealership doesn't have a clue and says no problem with truck. The field rep says I see the issue but there's nothing that can be changed out to fix it. The company headquarters says no problem exists and file for a 3rd party ruling to determine if they have to buy it back. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER TOYOTA TRUCK. P.S. I have talked to other TRD package owners and some have the same issue.

Great truck wish I could buy another
By Bill on 11/17/09 08:35 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased the truck brand new in January 2008. So far I've done some light to moderate towing with it, driven it on a few trips, and I have to say it's very comfortable to drive, tons of room, tows great, and pretty good gas mileage running around empty on trips. Average 16mpg city/22mpg highway. Bought a Toyota because of the reliability and because it's built in the USA. I have no complaints about the truck. At 25,000 miles and 0 issues it sure beats the Chevy I used to own.

One Tough Truck
By Buildn on 11/05/09 20:48 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have purchased a certified preowned Tundra SR5, 4x4, TRD, Double Cab. This truck only had 10,000 miles on it! Can't beat Toyota quality, Used to own a 2000 year Toyota Tundra. What helped with the decision is Toyota offered a 7 year 100,000 bumper to bumper warranty! It was a no brainer. This 08 is actually a lot of fun to drive!

Not what I hoped for
By dan b. on 11/01/09 13:30 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've heard a lot about the fabled design and quality manufacturing of Toyota vehicles so I hoped for something better than I got with my old F-150. I was pretty disappointed. I'm only 5'3" so I'm not the typical driver but this is the most uncomfortable vehicle I've ever driven. The wheel is too far away, the seat is uncomfortable and the headrest is of an incredibly awkward design. As far as build quality, the radio turns on by itself, one of the speaker grills rattles and the dashboard cup holder pops open occasionally. I'd never buy another Toyota.

Best gas truck on the market!!
By Tim on 09/22/09 14:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I was very close to buying a diesel pick-up for hauling and longevity but after much research and many test drives I purchased the Tundra. It has TONS of power, rides as smooth as a car. I have hauled very heavy loads in the bed 1000+lbs and I really can't tell the difference. I do a lot of hunting in the mountains (Colorado) and it has done everything I need and then some. 15000 miles and absolutely no issues!

Great Truck
By jim on 09/11/09 15:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Driving 130 miles + daily to and from work, I average 18.5 miles/gallon at the sweet spot of 63 miles/hour. Freeway I have gotten up to 21 max. Power is great, ride is a bit bumpy with the TRD package. Ford's interior is much better designed as far as layout. The leather seats should come with the ventilated option like the highlander. No real problems yet, emergency brake needle adjusted. Tires on the TRD hydroplane a lot, will not use the BF Goodrich next time. I should have opted for the navigation system, and forgotten about the JBL under the back seat. Interior storage room lacks, but the 6.5 foot bed is just the right size for most parking lots. All in all would I buy another, YES.

This puppy has it all
By samuel on 09/09/09 15:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I had the old tundra with the 281HP (2006) and what a difference the 5.7L is compared. This puppy has what it takes, while I don't tow a lot, I know she has what it takes. Once you start her up, she is ready to go!!! My truck acts like a pit bull on a leash with a poodle walking in front of it. You can feel the power this piece of machine has as you speed up and slow down through the tranny. My truck is barely over a year and a half old and I have about 44k miles on it. Beside oil changes (60 bucks a pop) and the power steering fluid change, nothing has gone wrong. I'm close to buying tires for my 18 inch rims, for 4 tires - firestone wants about 900, and sam's club about 600 for michelins.

Big and Powerful Truck
By Big and Powerful on 09/08/09 22:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Biggest truck driven so far. Sometime it felt like driving a school bus because it's so big inside and outside. Love the Big V8 and Big brake. Truck is very quiet and firm on the roads. The only thing I don't about this truck is that it uses too much gas. Getting around 14-18MPG on mix driving. Got to trade it in for Tacoma or 2nd home equity loan soon because getting expensive to fill up the gas tank. I don't understand how millions of people can afford to drive any Big V8 everyday because I can't...

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.