Used 2008 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Transmission and acceleration
By JOHN

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Love the truck but it has some serious acceleration problems and transmission problems . With 19,000 miles on it I have to replace my tires . Previously owned to two Dodge rams and for the price rams are much better for everything but the ride. Toyota beats ram in ride and smoothness . Toyota way to expensive. For that type of truck. The biggest downfall is the sensitive gas pedal . Very dangerous

Smoothness of ride on the highway

Better sales information and reduce the plastic

Great Truck
By freedom

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We love the ride, very smooth and comfortable. The sliding window is a must. The crew max back seats are huge and comfortable, very nice that they adjust. The truck is very sporty, fast powerful engine. I, the wife, find the accelerator to be too sensitive. I have to pay attention to not push it too fast and give myself whiplash. There is too much black in the interior. It's hard to keep clean. Its our 3rd Tundra. Only replaced the last because we needed more towing power. It tows our 5500lb trailer very well. Not enough chrome on the outside even though we spent about 29k. Towing mirrors are nice. We liked the look of our 05 double cab better but this is a much better truck overall.

Power, turning radius, torque. Comfortable, smooth ride. Tailgate feature. Good looking. Quiet ride. Towing capacity. Storage. Fun to drive. Dual climate control. Incredibly awesome engine. Very responsive.

Too much black inside, not enough chrome outside. Better gas mileage would be nice, we get 11 around town and 15 on the highway.

Way Overrated
By David

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first and last Toyota truck. GMC has forgotten more about trucks than Toyota knows.

It is roomy inside.

Find out who designed the oil filter and fire him. It was obviously designed to make you return to the dealer for your oil changes. Put the transmission dip stick back in -- it bother's me not being able to check the fluid level.

Next truck will be another Tundra
By bassman

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Just turned 10,000 miles and I am just as pleased with this truck as the day I picked it up. Had taken it in for the gas pedal recall and also had the radio replaced. Other then that, this is the best truck I've ever owned. After 3 Chevy's and Dodge I'm glad I listened to my mechanic. When he said Dodge, GM and Ford make pretty good trucks. But their not a Tundra!

Power, full sliding rear window,comfort and the quiet cabin. And of course the exterior design. The baddest looking truck on the road.

Radio controls on the steering wheel would be nice on the SR5.

I replaced the brakes 3 times!
By Oscar Sandoval

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I was wondering if anyone else had to change their brakes on their tundra. i am on my third set of front brakes. they are wearing out very very fast rate. every 5000 miles. I don't know whats wrong. the dealer says the truck weighs too much and its normal. and they blame the way i drive

• SUV