Used 2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

amazing
By mreyes6868

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

i love my tundra, its fast, powerful, reliable, and good on gas. never had a single problem on it. the 5.7 liter v8 is the only way to go, tows like a dream, i tow my 10,000 lb toy hauler up steep hills doing 70mph..... in my 05 ford 6.0 turbo diesel towing the same trailer i had to go peddal to the floor up hills and speed would drop down to 40 mph. in my tundra i feel much safer than the ford and much more powerful, i have NEVER had to go peddal to the floor on my tundra. my ford overheated twice on me. my tundra tows my trailer in 100 degree weather up steep hills without any problems.MY TUNDRA TOWS 10000 LBS BETER THAN MY FREINDS DODGE RAM 1500 TOWING 4500 LBS. its the best truck ever

engine, transmission, easy lift/lower tail gait, bead liner

larger fuel tank would be more convenient when towing.

The best truck ever!
By m951

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck has great gas mileage, a lot of horsepower, and a big towing capacity. It runs soo smooth and sounds so nice. I use it for towing sometimes and it never gives any trouble. I love the looks. Even after having it so long I still love it. Everyone gives me complements. I've had several trucks in my time and not 1 has ever came close to half of what the tundra is.

horsepower, gas mileage, towing capacity, electric seat, lots of storage, easy lift/lower tailgate

nothing that i can think of

Pleased but not completely satisfied
By Big Jay

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The truck has done everything I have wanted it to do. It has performed well off road, on the highway and in the snow. I have put it to work hauling and towing and it has not failed me. As discussed below, Toyota put cheap tires on the truck. I shouldn't have to replace them at 25K. One of the tires had a crack in it. The local Firestone dealer told me that they tires were to light for the truck. If do your own general maintenance such as oil changes, you will hate Toyota. Changing the oil is time consuming and difficult. See below. I think the under-seat storage bin should be standard. I recommend it. The gas mileage has been as expected: 11-14 in town and 16-18 on the highway.

Love the power and control off road and in the snow. The truck has met all of my expectation. I do not regret my purchase at all.

I replaced OEM tires at 25K. The front tire started to crack. Interior design is odd. The hanging file section in the middle console is a waste of space. Changing the oil is a royal pain. The designer of the oil filter should be fired. They are expensive and hard to change.

Transmission and acceleration
By JOHN

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Love the truck but it has some serious acceleration problems and transmission problems . With 19,000 miles on it I have to replace my tires . Previously owned to two Dodge rams and for the price rams are much better for everything but the ride. Toyota beats ram in ride and smoothness . Toyota way to expensive. For that type of truck. The biggest downfall is the sensitive gas pedal . Very dangerous

Smoothness of ride on the highway

Better sales information and reduce the plastic

Way Overrated
By David

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first and last Toyota truck. GMC has forgotten more about trucks than Toyota knows.

It is roomy inside.

Find out who designed the oil filter and fire him. It was obviously designed to make you return to the dealer for your oil changes. Put the transmission dip stick back in -- it bother's me not being able to check the fluid level.

• SUV