2008 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews 15

2008 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Just an Awesome Truck
By J-Peg on 02/20/08 18:33 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I went from a 2004 Ford F-150 to the Tundra and what an improvement. This truck has some guts. The 5.7L will put back in your seat. It is fun to drive and I love how high I sit off the road (I have the TRD package). I'm in love with my truck!

High Quality, High Performance Truck
By GregS96 on 02/20/08 04:00 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Leased this vehicle in Nov, 2007. 4,800 miles as of Feb, 2008. Former owner of a 2005 Dodge Ram Powerwagon. The Tundra Limited equipped with the off road package and navigation system is far superior in every respect, except dedicated offroading (no stock truck beats the Powerwagon for that). The Tundra is a large vehicle, but the parking sonar, rear view camera and outstanding turning radius makes it relatively easy to park and maneuver. Road manners are outstanding with performance car-like acceleration and passing capability. Back seat leg room is the best in its class. If it wasn't for its truck-like gas mileage (14.5 mpg average so far), it could easily pass for a daily driver.

Should have bought limited!!
By First Truck on 02/09/08 16:43 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have always wanted a truck and when I was finally 'allowed', I traded my Lexus LS430 and Ford Explorer. I am so happy with my decision. I have already upgraded with a truxedo cover, upgraded homelink mirror, running boards, and backup mirror. I have been buying a lot of my parts. Maybe I should have paid an 5k for the limited? Who cares? This truck fits me so well and is a joy to drive. I am excited everytime I go into the garage (which by the way, I had to clean out to the back wall to fit this monster in!). My only concern is driving through the parking garage in Philly and wondering if the top will scrape!

Love this Truck!
By Will on 02/06/08 17:42 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is the best truck in its class! For 3 months I researched, test-drove, and priced everything in its class and came away knowing that the new Tundra was the best choice. The powerful engine, smooth transmission, cavernous interior, and quiet ride puts this truck in a class of its own. With the 6-speed my Tundra gets better mileage than a friend's '07 5.4L F150.

Rough Rider
By Dave on 02/04/08 17:30 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is a great truck in every way - except the rough ride. I love the accessories and the 5.7 liter engine. The six speed transmission is very versatile. The 4X4 works great in heavy snow and on ice. The ride, however, is bone jarring and very uncomfortable on anything except a smooth asphalt hiway. It feels like it needs about 2000 lbs. of load in the back to calm the jerky ride. I strongly recommend that if you have neck or back problems, look elsewhere. Fuel economy is not great but is what I expected - about 15 mpg average for all driving conditions. Brakes are excellent, leather seats also.

A Work Truck AND an Luxury Car
By Steve H on 02/03/08 04:39 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

For the person who needs a 'Luxury Car' but WANTS A TRUCK- I would suggest looking into the Tundra X-SP Package. The leather seats and carbon fiber accents throughout the dashboard and arm rests make this truck luxurious and sporty. The BBS wheels and 305/50R 20 Michellins give this truck the perfect look, stance, and a ride that rivals any luxury car I have ever ridden in. The backseat of the double cab is roomy enough for someone who is 6'2" to sit comfortably behind someone 6'2" in the driver's seat. And the truck handles like a DREAM! I have driven F150s, RAMs, and Titans and this truck out accelerates and handles all of them. I LOVE MY TRUCK!

A Quality Truck At Last
By TONYS on 01/29/08 11:33 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Most comfortable, useable vehicle of the more than 100 I have owned. Great power and road presence with mpg that is very good considering weight to get 19-20 mpg with reasonable, adult driving. Spacious interior and level of comfort make it ideal for long road trips. This is the 36th truck I have owned and it gets rated #1 for the reasons above, plus, it just FEELS right, like I am more at ease in going from point A to point B. Highly recommend for any purpose, but especially for long trips and hauling heavy loads. A winner!

Couldn't be happier
By Jenkins on 01/29/08 03:01 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

If you're looking for a big, fast pickup, get this truck!! 5.7 can't be beat, except in MPG, but who buys a truck for mileage. Super roomy, and I'm 6' 200, friends are all bigger than me and we all spread out when I'm driving. Only way I'd be happier is in a $100k luxury sedan, and I'm not rich, so this truck definitely has it all for the working man! Top ends are nice, but way too much for not that much. Grade model has everything you need, unless you can't read a map and don't know how to back up!

Toyota Gets It Right
By 1972ck on 01/26/08 07:05 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This will be Tundra #3 for me. While I enjoyed my last Tundras this one is by far the most capable. Excellent acceleration, braking. Can't wait to hook it up to my travel trailer and see how she tows! Like the comfort and conv. items in the interior. Turning radius is awesome! Special ordered mine took a bit to get but worth the wait. If you're in the market for a full sized p/u, you've got to give the all new Tundra a look. I drove the others and found the Tundra to be superior. The Dodge was cheap looking int., the Ford rode terribly. The Chevy was a close second but reliability scared me away. The Titan is a joke, no payload.

What a great truck
By JerSr on 01/17/08 14:17 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This vehicle drives very well for a large truck and has a good deal of storage in the rear seat area. Towing our travel trailer is a breeze and the engine feels like it isn't working hard at all. This truck should last a long time and Toyota build quality is excellent.