2008 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Miles ahead of 2005 F-150
By stu on 05/10/08 12:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very disappointed with the brakes on my 2005 Ford F-150 XLT. I had test driven a couple of 08 Tundras in the past year and a half and I was very impressed with the feel and the power of Toyotas brakes. They are awesome! When you want to stop you stop! With the Ford I was always a little apprehensive with the brakes, always anticipating an early stop and even when I would plan ahead I always felt that they were unsafe. Well I have to tell you after 4 Ford trucks Ford has lost me as a customer.

Built Cheaply.
By Gary Hoyt on 04/24/08 10:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Toyota built this truck for eye appeal. Look closely at the mechanicals and you will find a light duty, cheaply built truck. How this thing ever made Motor Trends "Truck of the Year" award, I'll never know. I traded in a '99 F-150 for it. The 150 was a much better mechanically engineered truck-hands down. Have owned trucks/heavy eq. 34 yrs. do all my own work on everything I own, have an extensive background in mechs. This truck is a piece of junk!

Buy the best forget the rest
By jmarquez on 04/19/08 12:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Having owned all of the big three trucks and an older Toyota Tundra, I will say that the new 08 Tundra is the best truck I have ever owned. It can do it all and combined with Toyota quality and great service it's a winner. Great brakes, power, towing and lots of room. This truck is great to drive, tow and is fun off road in 4x4.

2008 Toyota Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
By Great White on 04/15/08 22:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

A very well built truck. Comfortable suspension with the necessary power to get the job done. Advice: test drive both the 5.7 vs. 4.7 and you decide the perfect HP needed for your lifestyle. I'm satified with my 4.7 with a tow package and it carries the ponies! Yet if cost is not an issue 5.7 is the best choice.

Awesome truck, terrible mpg.
By TundraHorn on 04/14/08 20:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is amazing, I've heard people talk about the kick in the engine, but I only feel it when I put it into reverse.... it kicks HARD!! But Toyota sure has gotten tougher, it cost me, but it's worth the reliability and customer service.

Do it!
By Red on 04/11/08 12:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck! Good acceleration, pulling power, fantastic brakes and steering! Good turning radius. 20 mpg overall.

Monster Truck
By Huntmachine on 04/07/08 11:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is truly awesome. I drove the half ton version of Ford, Chevy, and GMC. I had my heart set on the GMC until I drove the Toyota. It absolutely blew the others away in every category (smooth, fast and powerful, great room, great specs, great looking). It is a night and day difference when you drive them all back to back.

Bought the best
By 1972ck on 04/04/08 19:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The new Tundra in my humble opinion is the best fullsized truck on the market. Fantastic power, turning radius, styling and capabilities. Toyota has finally hit the mark w/ this all new Tundra. It drives like a car. Precise handling and whisper quiet.

Good truck but not up to the hype
By john on 04/02/08 18:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I honestly can say that this truck out accelerates (barely) my 400+ hp modded dodge hemi similarly equipped featurewise, no doubt due to its 4.51 rear gear ratio which seems to get overlooked in comparison tests as the main reason it's so quick. As far as handling the steering felt looser than my ram which has 80000 miles and the brakes were softer than I expected. Overall it's a nice truck but it's not my style inside or out and if I ever tow 10000 pounds on a regular basis I'll be driving a diesel.

Great Truck
By Dusty on 03/29/08 10:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Traded in my 2003 Reg. cab Tundra for the Dbl cab 5.7L - what an upgrade! Excellent truck to drive for work or pleasure. I did search around and compared other trucks, but still kept comiing back to Toyota's standards of quality and reliability. I'm 6'5" and can comfortably sit in the rear seats. The power is exceptional.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.