2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
What a great truck
By JerSr on 01/17/08 14:17 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This vehicle drives very well for a large truck and has a good deal of storage in the rear seat area. Towing our travel trailer is a breeze and the engine feels like it isn't working hard at all. This truck should last a long time and Toyota build quality is excellent.

One of the best truck ever made
By bad ass truck on 01/08/08 16:17 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Its a sportcar in a truck body. Gas mileage is good considering the power it has ,comparing other truck same gas mileage . Would recomend to anyone, great breaking and turning radius

The winner after months of comparing
By D Boone on 01/04/08 18:38 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

After looking at trucks for the entire fall, I settled on the Tundra. The big three have priced themselves out of range for a HD truck to me. Now with the HP and torque the 5.7 has the Tundra does outperform the others. This trim line has everything I need to use it as a work truck, so I saved quite a bit over the SR5 pkg.

Good truck
By Tom on 12/31/07 13:53 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I just traded in my 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe to buy a new 2008 Toyota Tundra. So far I love everything about the tundra. I was concerned about poor gas mileage, but that is not the case. The 5.7 L can actually get better gas mileage because it is a 6 speed. It all depends on how you drive it. The ONLY complaint I have about the Tundra is that the ride is a little bit rough. I think that the everything else about the Tundra is so nice though that it easily makes up for the rough ride.

Happy Camper
By B2900 on 12/16/07 16:04 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I just feel that I have a truck with great resale value and amazing quality. This is my 4th now Toyota purchase and I am a former big three owner. I love the sonar the big mirrors and the tough looks of the truck itself. It has amazing power speed and throaty rumble when going do the road. Finally it is a work horse and tows my tandem 30 foot trailer with effortless performance

Test Drive the Competition First
By MyTundra&Me on 12/07/07 10:17 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

First, I traded in my 1995 Toyota pick-up with 156,000 miles. Test drove the others then came back to Toyota as usual. The 2008 Tundra had cloth seats, single CD player, manual adjust seats and didn't come with floor mats. I bought the Tundra hands down (and it wasn't that much cheaper). Unfortunately I'll have to wait for another 12 or so years to get a new truck... they're built that good.

A lot better than you think
By joe on 12/04/07 18:26 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This truck tows my 8500# work trailer so well that I dont even cringe when a stop light turns yellow at the worst time. Mileage is a lot better than I thought it would be. I have had 8.9 towing to 21,1 HWY, driving it like a hypermiler.

New Toyota Tundra
By Stephen Campbell-Tyl on 11/25/07 15:51 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Very good deal, on a very well designed and built full size truck. Performance enhanced by 6 speed transmission, this truck drives extremely well in ordinary traffic and cruises on the interstate. If you need to get past slower traffic, just put your foot down and very easily and safely accelerate past. Breaking on this truck is phenominal, it stops extremely rapidly and safely. Extremely good all round truck for hauling people and a bed full of materials. Have not used it yet for towing, but should be a winner.

Tundra 08
By DB on 11/07/07 02:54 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

The new Tundra is an excellent vehicle for multiple applications. I use the vehicle for powerline and cell tower construction activities. All in all the 08 Tundra has what it takes to get the job done effectively!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.