2008 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Great Truck
By agshane on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab Tundra Grade 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have had the Tundra for 18 months. Use it for work, pulling a 12 x 6 covered trailer and for long trips. Bought the truck used with 12000 miles on it and have not had any problems. Performance is good, fuel mileage is good for this size truck (19 on road) and ride is great. Don't disagree about the oil change procedure, it is a pain! The bed is short, but fixed that by putting on a Leer Topper, painted with a matching color. Really nice and provides lots of room. Would I buy it again, yes!

Should have had a V8
By Dale on 03/13/10 14:46 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab Tundra Grade 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had the V8 in a 05 Tundra and got better mileage than this one with a 6 cyl but it has the power. If you get the V8 you will get 2 or 3 mpg better at least. I think I will wait for the hybrid when I get a new one. I really love this truck and the reg cab looks tougher than the dbl or crew

Tundra Could be Better, Much Better
By Gary Hoyt on 07/13/08 15:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab Tundra Grade 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Need a part? Be ready to dig DEEP. As an example one steel stamped (basic) wheel: $180.00. The plastic insert that fits around the lugs? $98.43. If you do the math, just the wheels and plastic insert is over 10% of the full purchase price of the truck. Toyota charges big time for parts. Gas mileage? V-6: window sticker from Toyota said 19. I get 18, then 17 now 16. My Ford F-150 V-6: always @ 20. The Ford V-6 eng. was larger.

Built Cheaply.
By Gary Hoyt on 04/24/08 10:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab Tundra Grade 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Toyota built this truck for eye appeal. Look closely at the mechanicals and you will find a light duty, cheaply built truck. How this thing ever made Motor Trends "Truck of the Year" award, I'll never know. I traded in a '99 F-150 for it. The 150 was a much better mechanically engineered truck-hands down. Have owned trucks/heavy eq. 34 yrs. do all my own work on everything I own, have an extensive background in mechs. This truck is a piece of junk!

Do it!
By Red on 04/11/08 12:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab Tundra Grade 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck! Good acceleration, pulling power, fantastic brakes and steering! Good turning radius. 20 mpg overall.

Critic of tundra
By bill case on 03/24/08 09:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab Tundra Grade 2dr Regular Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

My last truck was a 1500 gmc and while it was a decent pick-up this truck is heads and shoulders above it.The 5.7 is powerful and the 6 speed transmission is real smooth. I have a 24' travel trailer that weighs 5800 lbs loaded and it pulls it with no effort at all. Dislikes: I don't like the way it revs when you first start it cold. It's almost 2000 rpms and holds for about 10 to 15 seconds. The gas gauge reads 1/2 full and only takes 8 gallons of fuel and the oil gauge holds slightly below the 1/2 mark. I've never had a car or truck that didn't hold a least 30 lbs oil pressure when driving, but I'm being told that this is normal. I'm keeping an eye on it and hopefully it won't go lower.

07 Tundra
By electro-tek on 11/01/07 13:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab Tundra Grade 2dr Regular Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Only 1600 miles so far. Real hot rod for a truck. Hard time finding standard cab with 5.7. 6 speed auto, towing pkg. tranny cooler, 4.30 gears.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.