2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
1st truck and Disappointed
By hrs73 on 11/08/12 18:48 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first truck and I bought a Toyota for its reliability and hopefully good re-sale value. I have been very disappointed in the tires. I have 69k and need a third set of tires. The dealer blamed the alignment, so on the second set of tires they have done all the aligments. So now the dealership is blaming the tire maker. All I travel is roads and highways. I keep it aligned but the tires are wearing out unevenly. The radio was replaced twice and the truck has a bounce that has made my child car sick on two occasions. The truck dents easily and is not as good on gas mileage as I would hope a 6 cyclinder would be. I like the acceleration and the look of the truck.

Miles ahead of 2005 F-150
By stu on 05/10/08 12:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very disappointed with the brakes on my 2005 Ford F-150 XLT. I had test driven a couple of 08 Tundras in the past year and a half and I was very impressed with the feel and the power of Toyotas brakes. They are awesome! When you want to stop you stop! With the Ford I was always a little apprehensive with the brakes, always anticipating an early stop and even when I would plan ahead I always felt that they were unsafe. Well I have to tell you after 4 Ford trucks Ford has lost me as a customer.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.