Used 2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 CrewMax Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Best full size truck
By JAG

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great truck. I have the offroad package and I love the bilstein shock that come with it. I find if you inflate the tires a little above max. It doesn't bounce on the highway as much. Which is one thing some people complain about. The response of the engine is great. Overall a great truck

Favorite Features

crewcab size, power, great ride and handling for a big truck, engine response

Suggested Improvements

mak'em in Japan with all Japanese Parts.

Overall A Great Truck
By JAG

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I owned a Ridgeline before this one but that would be tough to compare because they are made different and there is plus and minus in both, but they are the 2 best quality built trucks on the market the ones that down talk them don't know what a truck is all about or they just have bad luck and trust me as far a gas mileage a lot of people exaggerate about it. I have a heavy foot and I do mostly in town driving and I get about 14 to 15 which is not bad for a V8. I've owned a 97 Ford F150 ext. cab 4.6 V8 and a 04 Chevy Trailblazer ext. with a 6cy. that got worse and all of the other brands have a lot more problems.

Favorite Features

Lots of interior room. Lots of power. Made well compared to many others

Suggested Improvements

Go back to using more brass plated screws, you won't see any rust on them.

Love the new Tundra
By Tundra Crew

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Had an 06 Tundra which I didnít care for too much and traded for an 07 Tacoma that I loved. After buying my wife a new Highlander the dealership made me an offer I couldnít refuse on a new Tundra, and I love it. By far the best truck out there. Standard features are amazing, donít really need to add much to it to make it the perfect truck. I got 20 MPG on the highway coming home, you canít go wrong.

Favorite Features

Standard dual zone climate control, 6 cd changer, driver info center, huge center console, sliding and reclining rear seats, power rear window, deep bed, powerful engine with good MPG.

Suggested Improvements

If you can make a 6CD changer standard then spend a few more bucks and make the electro chromatic mirror w/ compass and a back up camera system standard too, other than that its perfect.