Used 2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

great truck only one problem gas tank to small
By pappapump1313

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I luv my truck but I'm limited on distance before I run out of gas you would think Toyota would be smarter bigger truck bigger tank and I can't add an auxiliary tank because of emissions so I have to carry gas cans when in the mountains or desert especially pulling my toy hauler because that gas goes to my toys glad my son needs a truck I'm buying a F250

Everything but the gas tank

Bigger gas tank

It's your money!!
By bassman21

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have now owned this truck for over 3 years and have 30,000 miles on it. Come trade in time I will up grade to the limited. I would not even consider any other brand. Doing some research I found out that some Ford Trucks are built in Brazil, some Chevy Trucks are built in Canada and some Dodge Trucks are build in Mexico. Tundra's are build in Austin Texas. When one guy asked me. Why didn't you buy American? I asked him what truck are you talking about? No answer!!!! All I can say it's a great truck and at least take it for a test drive and see for yourself.

When it comes to my favorite features I can't really narrow it down to a few. From bumper to bumper I like it all. I guess if I had to it would be the power and the handling. It's just a fun truck to drive...

Maybe a little wood on the dash board for the SR5 that would be a nice touch. I certainly wouldn't change the body style, it looks good just the way it is...

Converted domestic buyer
By borquezmike

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have read a few negative reviews and feel some buyers will not be happy with any vehicle they buy. I actually feel bad for any manufacturer that does sell them a vehicle. Inherently all vehicles will have some kind of type weird annoyance and as long as it doesn't keep me from enjoying my vehicle, I don't care. No car is silent inside and a V8 does suck down gas. But you will find tons of negative comments as if no one knew this getting in to a 381hp monster. This truck cleans up well and I never go a day without people checking it out. The Crewmax is simply the best solution for people with children who do not want a SUV.

The POWER, the SIZE, and the Usability.

Everyone states that the interior could use better materials, but I have no issue with buttons breaking or plastic paint peeling off like I did with my Domestic cars/trucks so I'm happy as is. Also the interior parts are made in the US unlike Chevy, Dodge, or Ford. It costs more for Toyota to buy these parts and material hardness is effected by that, but no big deal to me.

Absolutely no regrets
By bassman21

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I spent about 6 months reseaching trucks on the computer read and gathered all the info possible on consumer reviews. About Fords, GM, Dodge, Nission and Toyota. And also talking to friends and my mechanic. I was pointed in only one direction, Tundra! Took a 600 mile trip and got 18.4 MPG highway. Very good for a 5.7. But pulling my bass boat I got 13.5. Don't care going fishing anyway. Just turned 20,000 miles without any problems and still enjoy driving it like the day I picked it up. Take one out for a test drive and I'm sure you'll be impressed...

Very solidly build and a very quiet cabin. Great stopping ability. And with 381 hp, it will set you back in your seat. Very roomy interior and plenty of room in the back seat. And on the crew max the rear seats recline. Great for long trips. And love the color of salsa red. Sure get alot of compliments on the looks of my truck.

None

2008 Tundra CrewMax SR5 5.7 2WD
By Adam

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my 08 Tundra used - it had 45k miles on it. I've put 10k on it. Fits my needs perfectly with 3 kids (huge back seat). Ride quality is great. Acceleration / power is awesome. Too much hard plastic and cheap parts on interior - but still very comfy. I put a 2" leveling kit with larger tires on stock steel wheels - looks better.

Huge back seat powerful motor / well-matched transmission exterior appearance

re-design interior, take lessons from Honda.