2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
great truck only one problem gas tank to small
By pappapump1313 on 06/20/13 18:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I luv my truck but I'm limited on distance before I run out of gas you would think Toyota would be smarter bigger truck bigger tank and I can't add an auxiliary tank because of emissions so I have to carry gas cans when in the mountains or desert especially pulling my toy hauler because that gas goes to my toys glad my son needs a truck I'm buying a F250

It's your money!!
By bassman21 on 08/18/12 15:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have now owned this truck for over 3 years and have 30,000 miles on it. Come trade in time I will up grade to the limited. I would not even consider any other brand. Doing some research I found out that some Ford Trucks are built in Brazil, some Chevy Trucks are built in Canada and some Dodge Trucks are build in Mexico. Tundra's are build in Austin Texas. When one guy asked me. Why didn't you buy American? I asked him what truck are you talking about? No answer!!!! All I can say it's a great truck and at least take it for a test drive and see for yourself.

Converted domestic buyer
By borquezmike on 07/29/11 19:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have read a few negative reviews and feel some buyers will not be happy with any vehicle they buy. I actually feel bad for any manufacturer that does sell them a vehicle. Inherently all vehicles will have some kind of type weird annoyance and as long as it doesn't keep me from enjoying my vehicle, I don't care. No car is silent inside and a V8 does suck down gas. But you will find tons of negative comments as if no one knew this getting in to a 381hp monster. This truck cleans up well and I never go a day without people checking it out. The Crewmax is simply the best solution for people with children who do not want a SUV.

Absolutely no regrets
By bassman21 on 06/16/11 13:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I spent about 6 months reseaching trucks on the computer read and gathered all the info possible on consumer reviews. About Fords, GM, Dodge, Nission and Toyota. And also talking to friends and my mechanic. I was pointed in only one direction, Tundra! Took a 600 mile trip and got 18.4 MPG highway. Very good for a 5.7. But pulling my bass boat I got 13.5. Don't care going fishing anyway. Just turned 20,000 miles without any problems and still enjoy driving it like the day I picked it up. Take one out for a test drive and I'm sure you'll be impressed...

2008 Tundra CrewMax SR5 5.7 2WD
By Adam on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my 08 Tundra used - it had 45k miles on it. I've put 10k on it. Fits my needs perfectly with 3 kids (huge back seat). Ride quality is great. Acceleration / power is awesome. Too much hard plastic and cheap parts on interior - but still very comfy. I put a 2" leveling kit with larger tires on stock steel wheels - looks better.

Roof rack troubles
By Anton Sisak on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Tundra Grade 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I choose Crew max, because of great cabin, but I really could use longer bed, for the business I do.I use this truck as a family truck too, so I needed a big cabin. Another thing that really frustrates me about this truck I cannot find roof rack that would work for my ladders. I need something heavy duty permanent, that also has sporty look to it. I can only find the roof rack that attaches to the side of the top of the door. Over all it a very good truck, but nit as practical as I hoped.

Great Truck
By freedom on 08/19/10 09:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

We love the ride, very smooth and comfortable. The sliding window is a must. The crew max back seats are huge and comfortable, very nice that they adjust. The truck is very sporty, fast powerful engine. I, the wife, find the accelerator to be too sensitive. I have to pay attention to not push it too fast and give myself whiplash. There is too much black in the interior. It's hard to keep clean. Its our 3rd Tundra. Only replaced the last because we needed more towing power. It tows our 5500lb trailer very well. Not enough chrome on the outside even though we spent about 29k. Towing mirrors are nice. We liked the look of our 05 double cab better but this is a much better truck overall.

Next truck will be another Tundra
By bassman on 06/15/10 10:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Just turned 10,000 miles and I am just as pleased with this truck as the day I picked it up. Had taken it in for the gas pedal recall and also had the radio replaced. Other then that, this is the best truck I've ever owned. After 3 Chevy's and Dodge I'm glad I listened to my mechanic. When he said Dodge, GM and Ford make pretty good trucks. But their not a Tundra!

I replaced the brakes 3 times!
By Oscar Sandoval on 04/18/10 20:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab SR5 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I was wondering if anyone else had to change their brakes on their tundra. i am on my third set of front brakes. they are wearing out very very fast rate. every 5000 miles. I don't know whats wrong. the dealer says the truck weighs too much and its normal. and they blame the way i drive

Great truck!
By ufd403 on 01/24/10 16:38 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Cab Limited 4dr CrewMax 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Leave it to Toyota to make such a great truck. The quality, size, power and features of the truck make it the best truck on the road.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.