2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

2008 Tundra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Sort Reviews by

Sport Coupe Pickup
By Philips

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Small V8 performance and with it's five passenger, hard top coupe styling, "cozy", intimate, and, very comfortable, four adult pass interior, coupled with decent gas mileage... makes it the perfect choice for a single "empty nester" like myself. The 21.5 MPG Hwy, is the "frosting on the cake", pretty amazing for a vehicle this size. The 60-40 split, flip up rear seat with under seat storage holds all my camping gear or whatever, securely locked. Plus, I can tow up to 5000lbs if I want... Great Truck!... Looks great, I get lots of compliments. Mine is White with Graphite, Bucket seats with Console... My traveling office.

Favorite Features

Powerfull V6, decent mileage, Sporty Coupe Pickup styling, Intimate Interior design with lots of "Cubbies", and, it's a safe vehicle too!

Suggested Improvements

Combine main instrumentation into one cluster, so that one can see all instruments "at a glance". Also, would like to have radio closer to driver's position. Otherwise, it's a great design... One last thing, all gauges and buttons should be illuminated!

2008 Toyota Tundra V6 SB
By Maria

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

First brand new vehicle I've ever owned. I bought the v6 for the better gas mileage. I don't need to haul anything so the v6 was the better option. So far everything is great, except the radio seems to have a mind of its own sometimes. The dealer is ordering a new radio. The dealer said there have been problems with the radios. Very smooth ride for a pick up. Drives like a car. Plenty of room. Love the seating for 6.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride and easy maneuver.

Suggested Improvements

The blind spot in the rear. Back up camera as a standard feature would be nice.