2008 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
great truck only one problem gas tank to small
By pappapump1313 on 06/20/13 18:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I luv my truck but I'm limited on distance before I run out of gas you would think Toyota would be smarter bigger truck bigger tank and I can't add an auxiliary tank because of emissions so I have to carry gas cans when in the mountains or desert especially pulling my toy hauler because that gas goes to my toys glad my son needs a truck I'm buying a F250

Excellent
By dufour on 06/02/13 05:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my truck 3 years ago. It has 29 km. I pull a camper (5200 pounds) and the tundra is doing a great job. Gaz millage is high but what else can I expect from a 5.7 liters engine. The power is impressive. This is my third toyota truck (old tacoma V6 3.0 and the last model V6 4.0 liter) and I have no fear about atrting the engine even when I going to my cabin on winter and start it after a week end of minus 35 (I live in northern Quebec).I change to rear brakes at 51km and a little noise is coming once in a while from the dash board on the passenger side. Toyota tried to fix the problem under warranty but the noise came back again in a short period of time. This is for the bad side.

Problems Galore
By aternie on 12/19/12 10:30 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this Tundra hoping to get that Toyota quality. At 45,000 miles, the radio just quit working. At 60,000 miles the drivers door lock actuator quit working immediately followed by the front passenger door lock actuator and then the drivers side rear door lock actuator. The driver's door is just a nuisance but the other doors are now totally useless since there are no keyholes for those doors. At 65,000 miles I have an oil leak and a water pump leak. In other words, at less than 80,000 miles, I have about $4,500.00 in repairs. So much for Toyota quality. As others have said, the body dents too easily. Other than that it is a powerful truck. I just would not recommend one.

Great Truck
By hounddoc on 12/08/12 21:39 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my Toyota about a year ago with the original tires. Mine seem fine, so I'm not sure about previous reviews, besides who buys a full size pick-up for gas milage? The Tundra fits the bill in every sense. Great family truck, hauls and tows very nicely and looks great on the road with an aggressive front. Buy this now, you won't regret it!

1st truck and Disappointed
By hrs73 on 11/08/12 18:48 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first truck and I bought a Toyota for its reliability and hopefully good re-sale value. I have been very disappointed in the tires. I have 69k and need a third set of tires. The dealer blamed the alignment, so on the second set of tires they have done all the aligments. So now the dealership is blaming the tire maker. All I travel is roads and highways. I keep it aligned but the tires are wearing out unevenly. The radio was replaced twice and the truck has a bounce that has made my child car sick on two occasions. The truck dents easily and is not as good on gas mileage as I would hope a 6 cyclinder would be. I like the acceleration and the look of the truck.

It's your money!!
By bassman21 on 08/18/12 15:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have now owned this truck for over 3 years and have 30,000 miles on it. Come trade in time I will up grade to the limited. I would not even consider any other brand. Doing some research I found out that some Ford Trucks are built in Brazil, some Chevy Trucks are built in Canada and some Dodge Trucks are build in Mexico. Tundra's are build in Austin Texas. When one guy asked me. Why didn't you buy American? I asked him what truck are you talking about? No answer!!!! All I can say it's a great truck and at least take it for a test drive and see for yourself.

amazing
By mreyes6868 on 08/14/11 11:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

i love my tundra, its fast, powerful, reliable, and good on gas. never had a single problem on it. the 5.7 liter v8 is the only way to go, tows like a dream, i tow my 10,000 lb toy hauler up steep hills doing 70mph..... in my 05 ford 6.0 turbo diesel towing the same trailer i had to go peddal to the floor up hills and speed would drop down to 40 mph. in my tundra i feel much safer than the ford and much more powerful, i have NEVER had to go peddal to the floor on my tundra. my ford overheated twice on me. my tundra tows my trailer in 100 degree weather up steep hills without any problems.MY TUNDRA TOWS 10000 LBS BETER THAN MY FREINDS DODGE RAM 1500 TOWING 4500 LBS. its the best truck ever

Converted domestic buyer
By borquezmike on 07/29/11 19:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have read a few negative reviews and feel some buyers will not be happy with any vehicle they buy. I actually feel bad for any manufacturer that does sell them a vehicle. Inherently all vehicles will have some kind of type weird annoyance and as long as it doesn't keep me from enjoying my vehicle, I don't care. No car is silent inside and a V8 does suck down gas. But you will find tons of negative comments as if no one knew this getting in to a 381hp monster. This truck cleans up well and I never go a day without people checking it out. The Crewmax is simply the best solution for people with children who do not want a SUV.

Absolutely no regrets
By bassman21 on 06/16/11 13:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I spent about 6 months reseaching trucks on the computer read and gathered all the info possible on consumer reviews. About Fords, GM, Dodge, Nission and Toyota. And also talking to friends and my mechanic. I was pointed in only one direction, Tundra! Took a 600 mile trip and got 18.4 MPG highway. Very good for a 5.7. But pulling my bass boat I got 13.5. Don't care going fishing anyway. Just turned 20,000 miles without any problems and still enjoy driving it like the day I picked it up. Take one out for a test drive and I'm sure you'll be impressed...

Great Truck
By agshane on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have had the Tundra for 18 months. Use it for work, pulling a 12 x 6 covered trailer and for long trips. Bought the truck used with 12000 miles on it and have not had any problems. Performance is good, fuel mileage is good for this size truck (19 on road) and ride is great. Don't disagree about the oil change procedure, it is a pain! The bed is short, but fixed that by putting on a Leer Topper, painted with a matching color. Really nice and provides lots of room. Would I buy it again, yes!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.