2007 Toyota Tundra Consumer Review: Worthy Truck

2007 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Review

Limited Double Cab (5.7L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

Worthy Truck
By KB2 on

2007 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I recently purchased the '07 Tundra. I've had it about 3 weeks now. It's the Limited, DoubleCab, 6.5' bed, 5.7 V8, 4x4. This truck is amazing. I've only ever owned F150s ever since I learned to drive. What a change this truck is. The power and handling is amazing. Not only does it corner like a sports sedan, but it will stop shorter than any truck I've ever driven. The engine and transmission are smooth and quiet. When you want the power though, it does come to life and lets you know it. Good thing for the traction control or the tires would only spin. Gas mileage isn't bad. I'm getting 18.5 mpg on the highway and 14.5 mpg in the city. That's driving sensibly though.

The power, payload, towing, handling, braking, and overall performance of this truck are astonishing. The interior is refined, yet still rugged enough to suit a truck. Nice thick leather instead of the thin stuff. Compared to my Ford, I love the gas mileage.

I would recommend a few improvements. The interior dash could be a bit more elegant for a limited. Some wood trim and lose the silver would be nice. The NAV/radio controls and center console are a long reach for the driver.